Thursday, November 29, 2007

oops

I really didn't mean to mess up. Today I will attempt to post twice to make up for my mistake. In all my spare time, I didn't get a moment to post yesterday... Thanks for calling me out SUE! Anyway, here's a recipe for today. I made these things for Thanksgiving and they were a hit.

Rolo Turtles

1 bag mini pretzels (I used the square pretzels)
1 bag rolo candies
1 bag pecan halves

Put as many pretzels as you can on a cookie sheet (I line my cookie sheet with parchment paper). It's ok if they are touching, just don't overlap them.

Place a Rolo on each pretzel. Place in oven at 300 degrees. When chocolate gets shiny, take the cookie sheet out (usually 5 - 10 minutes - if the Rolos start to split, it's been to long. They are still salvagable, but won't look as pretty).

Immediately press a pecan half into each Rolo. Cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes or until firm enough to stack on a dish.

Alright, I'm off to re-write and re-assign parts for our primary program that was supposed to be Oct 28 but then they split our ward the week before (yes, we were ready, assigned, practiced, the works) and told us we had to do it on Dec 16. No, I'm not bitter...

7 comments:

Sue said...

Okay -

#1 - I was just surprised. Truly I'm impressed with how much you have to say and I've thoroughly enjoyed your daily posts, so I was missing you yesterday.

#2 - I love that recipe. We do them at Christmastime and eat them or give them to friends and do the pretzel, the rolo and then a red or green M&M on top. Festive and delicious, super easy and the kids can help.

#3 - The men just don't get how much work the primary program is. I'm sorry your in a state of starting over at this point. I'd be crying if it were me.

natj said...

Oh yeah, i'll have to do it with the m&m at Christmas. Awesome idea. Do you do plain m&ms or peanut ones?

Lora said...

Those are so yummy! I didn't realize how easy they are to make. Thanks for the recipe!

Sue said...

plain, but a peanut never occurred to me. That might be great too.

JennM said...

I've just had a baby...I don't need yummy, tempting ideas. hehehe...but maybe my family would love to try it...and if there is one left over maybe I'll sample. ;)

Russ and Nat said...

Will you teach me how you do your cute name thingy on the top of your blog? Why are you always the cute one in the family??

Anonymous said...

You are much nicer than I-- I would inform the new ward the program was and tell them they have to come.
As for poop in the laundry-- all I can say is OH MY GOSH!
Love those treats, they are delish.
I fell off the blog month (whatever it is called) because my pc was out of commission for 2 weeks, sad to say I just have not gotten back into it.