Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Just when I thought I had washed it all...

I guess I blog a lot about laundry. That should tell you something. I really think I am drowning in it. For those of you who came to my house for Thanksgiving and went into my bedroom, you can confirm that yes, in fact, I am drowning in laundry. So you're thinking- what can be post-worthy when it comes to laundry? Other than complaining about it, or patting myself on the back for actually being caught up (a rarety, I assure you), I don't think that it really is postworthy. That is, until I opened the dryer tonight.

I've washed a lot of things. Last week, for instance, I washed a disposable diaper. I don't recommend trying that one. Not pretty. Tonight I opened the dryer (don't ask me how I got this far without noticing anything) and the first thing that came out of the dryer was a brown blob- it fell on the floor- I ignored it. But then I started to notice an odor and as I'm pulling out more clothes, an even bigger brown blob drops to the floor. I pick it up, take a sniff (I know, what was I thinking?) and HELLO- poop in the laundry. This might insite a riot in some households but in mine, poop and peep, whether I like it or not, just seem to be something I can't avoid. Most people only have one shadow, I have three. I know, you are wondering about the poop (and if you're not, you should be)- it was hard as a rock. But really, where did this poop come from and how did I not notice it until it had finished baking its aroma into my laundry? We will never know people, we will never know. We pulled out all the clothes and sure enough, poop marks here and there around the barrel.

I'm sure at this point Dave was thinking "How the heck did Natalie just wash poop but more importantly, how many of my clothes have been compromised?" I just couldn't get past the "How am I going to clean poop out of the dryer?" Not to mention, "Where exactly did this poop come from?"

Anyway, for those of you who are now traumatized, I can only give you these words of reassurance- I live for bleach. We take strolls in the park, walks along the beach, all that kind of stuff.

I'm trying to think of a moral to this story. Really, I've got nothin'. It's easy enough to say "Don't throw poop in with your laundry" but then I would be the master of the obvious and that's no fun. Some things you just can't be prepared for and you just have to roll with it. So I guess the moral to this story would be- "Roll with it people, just not in it."

6 comments:

JennM said...

I'm sad to admit...it's happened to me before. That's when both liquid oxyclean and bleach come in VERY handy...And when I admit to myself that being "potty trained" wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

JennM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

It's amazing the places poop will go. More interesting are the places you are forced to remove poop and peep. I totally understand how you missed it in the pre-wash pile. Three kids, loads of laundry, who knew? Being a fellow mom, I understand days like this! Love the bleach. :)

Katie said...

It's amazing the places poop will go. More interesting are the places you are forced to remove poop and peep. I totally understand how you missed it in the pre-wash pile. Three kids, loads of laundry, who knew? Being a fellow mom, I understand days like this! Love the bleach. :)

Sue said...

You are hilarious. Roll with it. I'm laughing out loud - alone in front of the computer.
Sam made laundry a joy at my parent's house last week. First he dumped a brand new bottle of Downy all over the laundry room floor (I did warn her to put things up before he came around).
Then I did a couple of loads of laundry before I left there, and I'd forgotten that Sam had missed his diaper when he pooped one morning and filled a leg of his pajamas, and also pulled some rock hard poo nuggets out of the dryer with a load of laundry that had to be re-washed.
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. You looked overly ambitious. I was sick all weekend in Oregon, but had a great time laying on the couch watching BYU beat the U on Saturday! Oh I forgot, you're on the losing end of that. Oh well...

Russ and Nat said...

hmm..well...hmmm...Should I come to your house wearing a portable protective bubble from now on? I think that poop was invented to torchure moms who were mean to their little brothers when they were younger.......