My little Livvy is just darling.

Yesterday I pulled her onto my lap and put little dots of lotion on her arms and hands. We rubbed them in together. She thought it was the funniest thing ever. She giggled and giggled and wanted more and more. It was so fun to just watch her experience life and find joy in the smallest thing. Everyday with Olivia is like that.
We went to a 3-D movie last week and brought home the huge black glasses. The other day she put on a pair and thought she was hilarious. She scrunched up her little nose, giggling like crazy, and pulled them on and off and on and off.
If the shutters are open, she shuts them. If they are shut, she opens them.
She is patient and loving. She loves to give hugs. Not just pat, pat- smell ya later but real hugs where she squeezes you tight and buries her little face into your neck. She always likes to sit smack dab between me and Dave. She sits there looking back and forth between us giggling like she just got away with something we haven't quite figured out yet. She loves her daddy and it's fun to see her so excited when he comes home.
Lately I have been sending her on little errands to see just how much she really knows. I send her off to the garbage with a candy wrapper. I love hearing her little feet patter across the hardwood floor over to the garbage. She knows exactly where the garbage is but it's hidden in a pull-out cupboard. I love to hear her little grunts as she struggles to pull the drawer open. We also send her to find her binky. It's always so funny because you can tell before she even starts looking if she knows where it is or not. Sometimes she runs off and comes back with it right away and other times we get the "I was trying to tell you in the grocery store that I dropped it but you wouldn't listen to me" look. Love that.
She likes to have stories read to her. She will toddle up to me with a book and stand there waiting, panting, getting anxious. If she is ignored for too long she will speak louder and start patting you to let you know who is really the boss here and that it is most definetly story time.
Her vocabulary is expanding but not so much in a way that we understand. It's more baby babble than anything but she sure gives us a mouthful no matter what.
Livvy is just so innocent and sweet. Each day is a new adventure for her. She wakes up running. It's fun to watch her little face as she does just about anything. She soaks everything in, making each moment a learning experience. I just love her. She brings so much joy to our family.


1 comment:
Soak it up!!! I love watching them grow and change. It happens so fast. And then all of a sudden your baby is eleven.
Post a Comment