We're having a book fair at the Barnes and Noble for Stephen & Brandon's school this week...I was hoping to find a good book to buy "for the cause". =) Thanks.
Sue, I already read it. I couldn't recommend it without reading it. I thought it was good. I need to read it again though because there were things along the way that made me go, "wait, now what?" you know...
I'll give it a read. Have you tried audio books? I flew through the Twilight Series listening on my mP3 player. I love to sit and hold a book but being able to clean and listen was awesome! I love to multitask.
I know what you mean. I read a pile of books before I choose a book - the thought of choosing one that stinks is just too much pressure for me.
I read this book and then talked about it to my book group (the 5 who showed up that night), and they had all missed a key thing that happened in the end, and I had to go back and read a page to them. Good discussion book.
Glad you chose this one Natalie. I think it's a great read -- and just really different from a lot of other "good" books I've read. I am dying to discuss this book with someone, because I really liked it, but want to be sure I got the story straight. **potential spoiler** Sue, are you talking about the end where one of the main characters turns out to have not been there all along? Did I understand it right? So curious.
6 comments:
We're having a book fair at the Barnes and Noble for Stephen & Brandon's school this week...I was hoping to find a good book to buy "for the cause". =) Thanks.
I hope you love it! I can't wait to hear what you think.
Sue, I already read it. I couldn't recommend it without reading it. I thought it was good. I need to read it again though because there were things along the way that made me go, "wait, now what?" you know...
I'll give it a read. Have you tried audio books? I flew through the Twilight Series listening on my mP3 player. I love to sit and hold a book but being able to clean and listen was awesome! I love to multitask.
I know what you mean. I read a pile of books before I choose a book - the thought of choosing one that stinks is just too much pressure for me.
I read this book and then talked about it to my book group (the 5 who showed up that night), and they had all missed a key thing that happened in the end, and I had to go back and read a page to them. Good discussion book.
Glad you chose this one Natalie. I think it's a great read -- and just really different from a lot of other "good" books I've read. I am dying to discuss this book with someone, because I really liked it, but want to be sure I got the story straight. **potential spoiler** Sue, are you talking about the end where one of the main characters turns out to have not been there all along? Did I understand it right? So curious.
Post a Comment