Soccer was first. It was a rather exciting game because we were in charge of the treat. Isn't that what rec sports are all about? The treat. Not just one treat- a half time apple fix and then Sponge Bob shaped Cheez-it crackers and Capri Suns. This is the big time.
Taylor's team is um, how do I put this, rather... challenged this year. Taylor is pretty much the best kid on the team. I haven't decided if that is a good thing or a bad thing. This is his third year playing and it is showing. He is a good little player.

When he is sitting out I become distracted and spend my time taking pictures of stuff.
Like Sara-
She's cute.
Livvy spent the entire game begging treats off of me and trying to escape to nearby fields of uncharted grass. Taking pictures of children who are running away from you doesn't make for very picturesque pictures. Her behavior has improved from last year when all she wanted to do was escape onto the playing field.
I tried to take a picture of me and Dave together-
Not so good at that.
After the soccer game we had just enough time to stop at home and get Taylor changed for baseball. I also wanted to stop at home to let Livvy go potty on the toilet seeing as how she was wearing a brand spankin' new pair of Dora panties.
We stopped at home. We got dressed. We went pee. And off we went to baseball.
Taylor is on the Mudcats this year. What a cute little mudcat he is! He loves his baseball hat. I don't love how it pushes down on his ears and gives him floppy ear. Sigh.
If you look closely you will notice that Taylor is missing both of his front teeth! He pulled the second one out a couple weeks ago. He was working on the tooth all day trying to loosen it. It was hanging by a thread. Dinner time came around- we were having taco salad. He was starving and wanted to eat the taco salad but realized he couldn't eat with that wobbly tooth in his mouth. He gathered up the courage and with a final twist and yank, out came his tooth! He was so excited, mostly because he could now eat his dinner rather than being excited about his tooth. He's a good kid!

Taylor loves baseball! He is having a great year. He is quite the hitter. He usually gets two hits each game and we are so proud of him.
The baseball game was fun. I managed to acquire a sunburn on my neck. Liv managed to poop her pants and learned that pooping in underwear means brand spankin' new underwear go to live in the trash can. I would like to say that it was a lesson learned and we won't be re-visiting this scenario anytime soon but that might be wishful thinking. Let's hope she will prove me wrong! I am most definitely her #1 cheerleader.
One final thing to note- Spencer has developed a green thumb and has been helping me in the garden...
1 comment:
Wow, I can't imagine doing baseball and soccer at the same time. We were lucky enough to have soccer over the Saturday before baseball started here. I have a hard enough time doing one sport and piano at the same time. So far, I've had the boys on the same team for everything. This year Brandon is showing more love for baseball and Stephen for soccer...So, we'll see what the future has in store.
Post a Comment