Thursday, May 28, 2009

St. George

We went to St. George over the weekend. I haven't been in the mood to blog about it, mostly because I haven't wanted to sort through the bazillions of pictures we took. But really, I am getting too behind so I can't put it off any longer.

Our weekend consisted of swimming and hiking. And then some more swimming, topped off with a nice dose of swimming.

A few pictures for your viewing pleasure:

Sara and her diva-like behavior... She was SO into her sunglasses. She got out of the water and arranged her towel on her chair, put on her sunglasses, and then laid there sun bathing. It was funny.



Her little cousin Emma joined in on the fun a few minutes later.


Taylor and Ethan were all about the pool all the time.


Spencer needed time to warm up to the water. My dad was playing with him in the water for a while. He would say "kick Spencer" and Spencer's little legs would start going wild. It was cute.


Livvy was the official pool toy monitor. She was obsessed with this yellow duck that didn't even belong to us. It did, however, belong to my brother's family so we weren't totally freaky letting her play with it. She would play in the water for a while and then get out and wander. Life jacket on. Life jacket off. Life jacket on. Life jacket off. Duck in the water. Duck out of the water. Goggles on. Goggles off. You get the idea. Liv is always all over the place. She did not disappoint on this trip.


We went to Zions and hiked the Emerald Pools.



Sara and Livvy were, as always, hilarious. Here they are getting ready for the hike. Yes, Liv wears her sunglasses upside down.


Liv squealed with joy when we parked our car right next to this giant "birthday hat". How cute is that? We managed to grab a picture of them in the party hat before taking off at the end of the day. I love seeing the world through my kid's eyes. No folks, this isn't your ordinary teepee, it's a party hat. Sweet.


Anyhoo, back to our hike- we hiked all three pools. In the past I think I've only ever hiked to the bottom pool (which is now 'off limits' but still holds some very vivid and happy childhood memories for me, including but not limited to digging large pits and throwing frogs in them. Which, now that I think about it may be a reason it is now fenced off...) so it was fun to take on all three of the Emerald Pools. The kids had a great time splashing & playing in the big pool at the top.


The even built a sand castle. Well, it was more like a slop sloppy pile of sand. I should rephrase my first statement by saying they were attempting to build a sand castle.


It was fun to watch Livvy explore on the hike. She was such a good little hiker. She loved every little detail from the sand, to the water, to every little creature we came across on our way.


After our hike we hung out and had some icecream. But not before we took a picture of this gigantor tree. What a cute group of peeps!



This was our icecream eating view. How can you not just LOVE Zions?



Before we headed home on Monday we stopped and let the kids play at this splash park in downtown St. George. They had a fun time running through the river bed and climbing on all the rocks. Heck, so did I! It was fun.






See. Everyone is having a good time. Just ask Liv. (She doesn't like to be told to sit still)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Looks like fun! How cute are your kids with their camelbacks!!