Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sara

Today Sara rescued this baby Cinderella from the D.I. bag. She was dramatic and loud and acted as though she actually cared for this doll- the same doll I found hours earlier face down in the grass, left for who knows how many days without a single glance in her direction.

The only reason there is a smile on Sara's face is because I pointed the camera at her. Seconds before she was in deep despair wallowing and ranting to save this suddenly precious baby. Well baby, you are saved this time. But know this, there is always a D.I. bag on-the-ready at the Jackson house. Always. My poor kids, they live their lives in fear of the D.I. bag.



In other news, I cleaned out the car tonight.

Look at these lovely treasures Sara left for me in her cup holder. I was beyond irritated cleaning this mess up. I explained to her that food and candy are not allowed in the cup holder. She looked at me all perplexed and innocent and said,

"Well then what are they for?"

3 comments:

Betsy said...

So glad to see that someone else's cup holders look the same as mine. :) Durn kids.

Pace's said...

That's hilarious. Don't you love how fast they can change their demeanor? It's like night and day in only a matter of seconds. I do enjoy your cup holders, since they are a lot like mine. Except that the nasty half eaten candy doesn't always make it into a spot that is so easily wiped up. You gotta be thankful for that.

Life Enjoyed said...

I don't think I tell you enough how much you make me laugh! Thanks for sharing. Now I don't feel so terrible about the condition I have found my kids' cup holders in--I still don't like finding unrecognizable food/stuff in them, but I feel better knowing that I am not alone when I find myself digging through the mess.