She was very proud that she had done her hair by herself and wanted me to blow dry it for her.
I opted to NOT blow dry it for a couple different reasons.
1. Her hair was plastered to her head and dried on like a helmet.
2. I believe it would have been a major fire hazard.
Today she woke up and it appears that water + hairspray + a good nights rest = an electrical storm.

It was quite the equation, let me tell you.
She was very grumpy which made it all the more funny. I guess I should cut her a little slack on the grumpy factor- I wouldn't be too thrilled with a camera in my face within minutes of being awake.
It took her just a few minutes to evolve into her normal happy self. One look in the mirror and she was thrilled- she kept saying, "Mommy, me have funny hair."

Last night it did occur to me (but I didn't give it much thought) that her hair should have probably been a bit more plastered down considering that an entire can of hairspray was gone.
Everything made sense within a few minutes of her being awake. All this talk of her funny hair reminded her that she had not fully disclosed all the antics of the previous night. She quickly ran upstairs and came hauling back down the stairs pleased as punch, holding a very disheveled Tinker Bell. Apparently Livvy was playing salon on more than just herself. It appears as though Tinker Bell fell victim to Livvy's creative impulses and is sporting a hair do we now lovingly refer to as 'the electrical storm'. So much for your cute little bun Tink. You have moved on to much bigger things!
I believe I now know where a good portion of that hairspray went...
I couldn't help but think of Toy Story when I saw Tinker Bell. How can you forget Sid, the next door neighbor kid, and all his mutant toys?

Or Toy Story 2- the very end where Prospector Pete is thrown into a little girl's backpack. The little girl grabs Barbie and puts her right next to to the prospector. Barbie says, "Hi. You'll like Amy." She then turns her head to reveal make-up all over one side of her face and says, "She's an artist."
Classic.
Toys really do put up with a lot, don't they?
5 comments:
When I saw Tink's hair and read your comment on creativity, I also immediately thought of the "artist" from Toy Story. It probably won't be long before she watches that and thinks, "it would be fun to cut Tink's hair." Good luck with that. Love reading your blog!;)
That is some good hairspray! What a funny, creative and busy child she is! :)
I don't know too many people who can do that to their hair and still look that cute. =)
Ok Livvy is the funniest girl ever - I wonder what she will be like as a teenager. One thing is for sure, Amelia sure thinks she is the best and loves her! Do you think it is too early for her to babysit?
seriously your posts are so funny!
Post a Comment