Thursday, October 30, 2008

Just can't get enough

Last year I did this post about my Halloween decor. I figure I can't put away the Halloween decorations without making mention of some of my favorite additions since last year:

I got together with my sister-in-law Lora and we both painted one of these. It was easy and fun! I even made the witch broom from a twig in the yard. Taylor accidentally threw a ball at the cat and knocked him off the mantle. He split in two (the cat, not Taylor). Taylor was apologizing like crazy (probably afraid for his life, hm, don't know why), failing to realize that cats have nine lives! A little wood glue and our furry friend was back on the mantle in no time. Since this is about as close as my kids will ever come to owning a cat, we best be taking better care of him!



I've been looking for a little Halloween Village for a couple years now. When I was a bitty kid my mom painted a ceramic Halloween village that I loved to look at. I liked to move the characters around (shhh, don't tell my mom), my imagination running wild. I finally found one that I am satisfied with- it's Winnie the Pooh. Spooky yet enchanting and fun. I bought 5 houses this year.

Livvy has been the #1 fan of the Halloween Village. As you can imagine, this has caused a few cardiac arrest moments on my part. She likes to pull a chair up to the table and play with the characters. Problem is, she likes to bang them together. Nice Liv. She also occasionally takes them on field trips. I do have to say though, she is a rather responsible little deviant- as soon as I notice that Winnie the Pooh or Piglet is missing, I ask her where they are and she takes me right to them- even if that means walking over to the next door neighbor's house.


My mom gave us this cute little ceramic ghost thing:


I think I put the vinyl lettering on this glass block last year but I didn't get the bow done. I'm a year behind on half of my projects. Oh well. If I get much more I won't have room to display it all. I guess that means I need some more furniture!


This door sign turned out great! People have really gotten a kick out of it.



I know, way too much dialogue for a post about Halloween decorations.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Very cute! I LOVE that door sign. You are the queen of Halloween decor.