Wednesday, February 27, 2008

new neighbors

Well, it looks like we have new neighbors across the street. It all started with a big truck coming and delivering a storage pod. The kids were fascinated.



The next thing I hear from Taylor, "Mom, yook, they have a deer." And then from Sara, "Mom, I don't want to kill a reindeer. I hate killing deers." I know it's probably not funny to any of you but it's funny to me. And because my camera is sitting right here in front of me, why not? I took a picture- this involved some seriously stealth photography from the window- heaven forbid they see me taking pictures- then we would like the weird neighbors. Hey, I don't have a dead deer in the back of my truck, wedged between a card table and other misc treasures...



And don't be confused, I can enjoy a dead deer hanging on the wall with the best of em. I do, in fact, have my hunter's safety. I went hunting once and thought it was the most freezing, boring, and tiring (do you know how early hunter's wake up? ugh) experience of my life but I digress... Who can forget Grandpa Jensen's dead deer, adorned with a rudolph nose during the holidays? Or Uncle Alan's zoo (as stated by Jeremiah). I certainly won't forget.

But I do have to wonder about the neighbor's MC Hammer pants... What are those things called anyways?

5 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! Looks like fun! I got a good laugh from this one! Sara is too cute...always worried about the animals!

Katie said...

I think M.C. Hammer pants were once referred to as parachute pants? Then again, that might be another type of pants. Those were hard times for fashion. I love the comment about the deer - Sara is hilarious!

JennM said...

baloon/parachute pants? In CANADA we call them Balloon pants. I was in 3rd grade and thought the one boy who had a pair looked silly. I remember thinking this as I fashioned my neon pink and black spandex and pink leg warmers and sweater. Ya, that's right...I was cool in 3rd grade. LOL I think I still see guys in those at Golds gym.

Russ and Nat said...

Hmm, I thought you lived in West Jordan.......not West Valley. Well, either way at least you finally found a place that you fit in!

Sue said...

You're so funny - they'll be your best friends in no time, checking out your blog and seeing that you were making fun of them from the get go.
Who moves a deer like that? Can you imagine driving down the freeway and seeing that driving next to you?

U can't touch this.