
So I'm thinking all we need to make this dessert complete is some vanilla icecream. I call Dave at work and ask him to pick some up on his way home. Fast Forward- Dave gets home, I look in the bag only to find this:

What? Whaaaaat is this? I look up and there is Dave, giddy as a school girl, tongue hanging out of his mouth. I'm thinking that he has to have some vanilla icecream in the other bag. Nope. After asking him "where in the world is my vanilla icecream?", he replies, (please picture puppy dog excitement here) "this will make the pie extra yummy" Whhhaaat? I do agree that all by itself, Butterfinger icecream is quite the treat. However, peach pie and Butterfinger icecream do not go hand in hand. This is not like peas and carrots here.
I think the Butterfinger icecream is tied to a larger conspiracy being perpetuated by the male species. You know which one I am referring to- the "if I always bring home the wrong item from the store she will quit asking me to run her errands" conspiracy. Well guess what babe, I AM ON TO YOU! Ughhh. I will go dig into a bowl of peach pie with Butterfinger icecream and smile the entire time. I can perpetuate conspiracies with the best of 'em- the "oh honey, you know me better than i know myself and bought for me that which I did not know I needed" conspiracy. I will beat him at his own game. That'll show him.
Moral of the story- if you are coming to our house for peach pie, bring your own vanilla icecream.
5 comments:
LOL...That peach pie looks so good. Hey, was Ryan ALWAYS against ice cream? I haven't had ice cream in years...It's no fun to eat it by yourself. Now I want ice cream. It's probably a good thing he's so against it...specially with my addictive personality. =) Anyway, it reminds me of the times I ask Ryan to go shopping and pick up a few things and he comes home with 1. 2 bags of chips 2. Twinkies (which I swore my children would never know about) 3. those white powder donuts 4. french onion dip. Then he begins to lay it all out on the island and just start munching. Obviously the children all gather round him like he's Santa. So, I guess the ice cream is the least of his worries. Boys never grow up.
That is SO funny! You must be a much nicer wife than me, because when Russell is at the store he calls me at least 5 times worried he might get the wrong thing.....Oh, but last week he went to the store when I wasn't home, bought 10 packs of Ramen Noodles, came home cooked some, ate them, cleaned it up and opened the windows so that I would never know! But then his guilty conscience got the best of him and he confessed.....plus I saw the rest of the packs in the cupboard.
Looks like you've openend up a can of worms...My husband came home last night and while I was in the other room started eating Doritos when dinner was in a 1/2hr. Than, when he saw me coming he quickly tried to hide them...
I see the dilemma here. Natalie, I agree that vanilla ice cream with homemade peach pie is an absolute necessity. No exceptions. Yet, when Dave was at the store the Butterzinger whatever was calling out, overshadowing the need for the plain old vanilla. My advice is this: next time, why not buy a carton of vanilla AND a carton of butterfinger. You can never have too many flavors of ice cream in the freezer.
I agree with Katie--- you should see my freezer when Dreyer's Slow Churned is on sale.... at least 6 in there. I love ice cream and I love to eat it alone, because it most likely means everyone else is in bed :).
Post a Comment