Saturday, September 1, 2007

Who do you work for?

Last night I was reading my kids the Busy Town book. It's one of those books that I love from my childhood and feel that I must force on my own children in order for them to have happy memories like I have...



Anywho, we were looking at all the different jobs each character is doing. Taylor pointed out the dentist office where a leopard (good guess anyway) was chatting with a beaver/dog thing. Can you tell how good I am at animal identification? I failed that class in college. Right. So we talked for a few minutes about how daddy is a dentist. Blah blah blah. Turning the page there is a line-up of other animals entitled "Everyone is a Worker". There is a mommy cat on that page. I, of course, am the mother cat. Sara will fill you in on all the details. Taylor turns and looks at me for a second with that "hmmmm" look. So I said, "And what does mommy do?" He thinks for a second and then says matter-of-factly, "Mom, you work for kids." I've never thought of it like that but that's EXACTLY what I do. I work for kids. Now that I have been informed that I have an actual job, I think I need a raise. Dave better get the memo.

1 comment:

Russ and Nat said...

Ha, ha.....you should get a raise because this last week you also doubled as a chef.......