Anywho, we had a great Christmas! This year I got Dave a Wii and Guitar Hero 3. He had NO idea and I was just dying to see him open them. It's one thing to have surprises for my kids, but my husband- it just about kills me. See that happy face? Do you see it? I love it!

I got a happy surprise too- a new camera- the Canon Digital Rebel. The problem now is finding time to read the manual. Dave also mentioned that I need to take a class. Riiiiiiiight- let me just fit that right on into my schedule. I just had to laugh at my name scrawled across my gifts with a sharpie marker. It made for such a lovely presentation. And no, I'm no complaining.

The highlight of Taylor's Christmas was a Transformer Bumblebee bike. Problem is, it's a bit too cold and snowy outside to ride it and so, I have black tire marks on my hardwood floor. Thanks Santa! It's all good though because he got quite a few other toys and movies to keep him busy until the weather is less freezing. Funny thing about Taylor. He couldn't believe all the loot Santa brought. In his letter to Santa he only asked for 2 things so I think he pretty much thought that was what he would find Christmas morning. Upon finding a huge pile of presents, he said, "Whoa. Santa brought lots and lots of presents. Next year I'm going to ask for more than two things." It made for a good laugh. I guess Santa needs to learn to tone it down before the kids catch on and expect a ton of loot every year.

Sara got her Baby Alive. When people ask her what she has named her baby, she replies in a very matter of fact and annoyed voice- "Her name is Baby Alive". Right. So we go with that. Two things were on Sara's list as well- 1. Baby Alive and 2. A Belle Christmas Dress. I'm not quite sure where she got the second idea. Santa pretty much wrote that one off as "not an option" until a couple days before Christmas when he magically came upon one at Macys. What are the odds? So anyway, all her Christmas dreams were fulfilled and then some.

This is just a lovely picture of Sara in her Christmas Belle Dress holding her Baby Alive. Notice the candy in the mouth. About every picture I took of the kids on Christmas involved candy in the mouth within view of the camera. Lovely.

Livvy just didn't know what in the heck was going on. Her main goal was to retrieve and walk away with any gift Sara opened up. Livvy opened her own gifts at first. After a couple, she started getting help from Taylor and Sara. Toward the end Taylor was her own personal gift opener. I have a feeling this is the last year that will fly. A few things she got- a Cabbage patch newborn, a shopping cart, a vacuum. She loves to push things so the shopping cart and vacuum are just up her alley. And she loves babies. Loves them. Real live babies need to stay clear of her because she attacks upon sight. And by attack I mean LOVES.

Here she is with her puppy- on the run with Sara's gift thrown over her back.

We had such a great day. The best part of the whole day was that we didn't leave our house once. Not for anything. It was nuts! That has never happened to us before. It was low-key and AWESOME!
We made pumpkin waffles with apple cider syrup for breakfast. So good. I will have to post the recipes later. I know what all you family members are thinking- where were the ham waffles? Well, it goes something like this- Dave doesn't like them. And so, since we had no ham and I'm not such a big fan of waffles in general, we took a break this year and tried something new. Add the applewood smoked bacon and we were in heaven.
My parents and Alan and Kristina came over for dinner. We had a Feliz Navidad dinner and pigged out on homemade Cafe Rio Pork salads. So good. It was a perfect day filled with people we love. What more can we ask for on Christmas?
6 comments:
To me the most important thing out of this post is to find out how to make the salad. Pass along the recipe!
I LOVE the fine presentation of your package. No ribbons or bows, no tags, just marker. Classic guy. So funny.
Glad you had a great Christmas. It looks like your kids got everything they wanted and then some.
Yeah you got a camera! How fun. I am so excited for you! and a Wii, man you guys are spoiled!
Angie
Ryan got the Rebel for Christmas too...he got it a little early though since Santa knew mommy was having a baby. We bought the kids a WII as well. Now, it's suppose to be for the kids...but MOMMY IS LOVING IT!!
It looks like you had a fun Christmas! I need to learn how you do your cute blog templates. I'm excited for dinner next week!
Looks like your little cuties had a great Christmas!!! Love your Blog- ours is: thebeutlers.blogspot.com
- Arielle
It's hard for Santa to beautify the presents with bows, and yes name tags, when Mrs. Clause is holding it all hostage. (You know so the kiddies don't find 'em) At ;east they were wrapped.
Post a Comment