Since the passing of President Hinckley on Sunday, I've been reflecting on my life and the way in which I feel he has impacted my life as a prophet of God. For me personally, he has been a very comforting prophet. I have always felt uplifted listening to him. His perspective on life was beautiful and he always managed to turn discouraging things into positive things. I have at times found myself feeling down or overwhelmed by kids, callings, or just the general state of the world. And wouldn't you know it, there is President Hinckley reminding me of what a great mother and Daughter of God I am. Always reminding me of my potential and patting me on the back saying "keep up the good work." Amazing. I love it. I feel that as a member of the church I have been so blessed to be taught by him and to have felt of his love for me and for the Lord. He has said so many amazing things that have impacted my life for good. Here and there I find something he has said that really speaks to me on a certain day or during a certain situation in my life. And today, I like this one:
"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us...If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."
-Gordon B. Hinckley
2 comments:
It is always so nice to open your blog and be enriched by your thoughts and your life....I just wanted to say THANK YOU...your are my idol!! Jo
Thanks for that. I love that quote and am glad you put it on there. I have many of the same feelings about President Hinckley.
Post a Comment