Wednesday, December 26, 2007

This year for Christmas

I figure it's not too late to post this. Isn't it Christmas until New Year's Day? These are amazing words to live by. As the new year is approaching and I am setting new goals and seeking ways to better myself, these words strike inspiration to my heart.

be
gentle
be kind
apologize
write a letter
keep a promise
forgive an enemy
give a soft answer
laugh a little more
express your gratitude
think first of someone else
seek out a forgotten friend
gladden the heart of a child
examine your demands on others
manifest your loyalty in word and deed
speak your love and then speak it again
dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust
take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth
mend a quarrel
forgo a grudge
encourage youth
welcome a stranger

Howard W. Hunter, 1994 Christmas devotional

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Nat - thanks for sharing such a sweet message. It's very encouraging for the New Year. :)

Previous Oakland Consultant said...

Natalie...where are you? Just cause I'm not typing on my blog doesn't mean I'm not excited to read yours.