Sunday, December 7, 2008

Chatty Santa

We had our ward Christmas party yesterday. Dave and I really wanted to skip out early but the kids knew Santa was coming so we were stuck. And by stuck, I mean stuck.

Our ward has a large amount of children. It really is great and all until a line for Santa forms. But that really wasn't the problem. The problem was that Santa, bless his heart, was chatty. Way too chatty for my liking. I mean, I've never heard Santa so chatty in all my life. Where was chatty Santa when I was a kid? I remember being booted off his lap while still rattling my list off as fast as I could. He never got a word in edge-wise, just a few "ho ho ho's", if he was lucky.

Funny- the guy in the Santa suit- our next door neighbor. I was waiting for Taylor to realize that Bob was in the suit. Somehow Santa worked his magic (or talked around it, that chatty Santa) and Taylor didn't catch on.

For the first time in years we had no criers. All the kids were eager to rattle their heart's desires off to Santa. Spenny didn't know what was going on- next year will be a treat, I'm sure.

Before Taylor hit the line he came up to me to inform me that this was not Santa, just his helper. That's right- let's give credit where credit is due. Well, maybe in a few years anyway. Once on his lap, Taylor didn't seem too interested in Santa. He sat there looking bored the entire time. Maybe he was tuning out Chatty Santa the same way he tunes out Chatty Mommy.



I'm not sure what Santa talked to these kiddos about. I was just eager to get three kids on his lap at once to move things along.

No comments: