My parents were kind enough to give him his gift a couple days before. He was thrilled- you know, these men and all their man things.
That same evening, Livvy stole center stage from Dave (which was fine by him) by holding this poor Snowman hostage, toting him around all night like her new best friend. She did have an incident where she dropped and put a dent in his bounteous tri-part body- that turned into an emotional deluge of tears but it didn't stop her from finding him once more (despite all grandma's efforts to hide him from her) and dragging that guy all over tarnation (is that a word?). Just one more reason why we don't own a cat.
Dave's actual birthday was on Sunday. So he was off at the Reserves and I was off to church by myself with all 4 kids and then home to pack. But before packing, the girls helped me whip up a yummy lemon cake to eat for dessert. Dave's favorite. I guess I should clarify who actually made the cake- I made the cake, the girls just helped with clean up- licking everything clean (dish soap is totally over-rated). Back to the cake, it doesn't look all that fabulous because it has a glaze on top, rather than a frosting but trust me, it's good.
So here he is, all dressed up in military brown, smiling for the camera. And I'll have you know, that wicked awesome Darth Vader candle on his cake is a repeat use from Taylor's birthday. I'm going green people! I'm going green...
Dave's sister, Amy, gave him a birthday phone call and decided to drop in for a visit. They came over, not knowing I had made lemon cake. Lemon cake. A riot almost started when they found out about the lemon cake. A riot. And to make it even better, I sent them home with the left overs because we were leaving the next morning at 5:30 a.m. (painful, I know). Anyhoo, they came, we sang, we ate. And then we reminisced about Dave's mom because she always made lemon cake. I love it when people just drop in. It makes for a fun time.
Happy Birthday Dave! (I know, I can't believe you're that old, either) Love you!
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I want to go to Disney Land for my 30th! That actually would be fun. I should just go by myself. ;) I'll make sure to take loads of pics.
Anyway, Happy Birthday...Birthdays can never go bad when you're with the people you love.
Post a Comment