Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Taylor starts kindergarten

-sniff sniff-

On his way out the door...



Taylor is officially a bus riding/backpack wearing/homework loving kindergartner. Oh what a day! The teachers invited the parents to come and be with their child for the first 20-30 minutes to help orient them to the classroom. It was total CHAOS! Some children had both parents there. Everyone was armed with a camera and the occasional video camera. I think the kids were a bit overwhelmed.

Taylor and his new teacher, Mrs. C.



When I was getting ready to leave, Taylor turned to me and said, "Mom, I will miss you. I love you." It was quite a sweet little statement coming from a boy who has been less than sweet lately. Maybe he will turn out alright after all... He has been acting up a bit lately which I think comes from the fact that his friends have been out of town, a new baby brother is in the family, and he is just plain old bored. Needless to say, I am thrilled that school has started! It's just what he needs!

Coloring a picture of himself at his table.



He had a great time today. When I asked him about his day, he said his favorite things about kindergarten were riding the bus and recess.

The bus dropped Taylor off at our house. How perfect is that?



He is now looking forward to the weather getting a little colder so he can get some new school clothes! I don't know about this year round system. It's strange to send Taylor to school in August. He won't ever know the difference, I guess.

To sum it all up- Taylor is a great boy who had a great day and I couldn't be happier! Way to go buddy!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

I LOVE year round school. And, no, the "back to school" shopping just doesn't work. I just buy as they need it. But when you can plan vacations anytime, and not take them out of school? HEAVEN! Not to mention, when it's time to go off track, you are so ready. When it's time to go back on track, YOU ARE SO READY!

Jessica said...

Jaren will start Kindergarten also and I am happy/sad about that one! Getting too big already, but glad for the break.

Gatten Gang said...

Hey Natalie, tell the rest of your family to let us be a part of their blogs. I love to catch up. Can't believe you guys are all grown up with families. You can get to all of our families from my blog. at gattengang.blogspot Thanks. Jean
PS does your mom have a blog?

Deana :) said...

Such a big milestone! Taylor looks so excited. My THIRD kid will be starting kindergarten next month. Um, I have to confess, though, I've never sniff-sniffed when they hit that age. It's more like a party day of celebration...oops, did I just admit that out loud? :)

Angie Monson said...

Okay so I can't believe you have 4 kids and your oldest is barely starting kindergarden! Crazy girl! I bet it's nice and hard at the same time. He will love it though.

Angie

Heather said...

Oh wow! I bet it is a nice transition, though. He looks like the type that is ready for anything (not whining about going to school). He is so cute. And his teacher is so cute, he will have a new crush soon! I am always impressed by all the things a teacher does to prepare for a class. Crazy!