Monday, August 11, 2008

Grandpa Vern turns 100

I did try to put an exclamation point after the number one hundred but it looked more like "grandpa vern turns 1001". Now wouldn't that be interesting.

We spent the weekend with lots and lots of family. Dave's grandpa Vern (aka: gramps) turned 100 on August 9th. He is such a trooper. He is starting to slow down a bit but considering that he is 100, I guess we can cut him some slack. I think he can still run circles around most in the 80+ crowd.

Dave's aunt threw a big birthday bash for grandpa at the church. We had a great time meeting new people and getting re-acquainted with people we haven't seen in a while (or never met, in my case). I got to hear plenty "when David was in diapers" stories. Love that.


We had a photographer there for a while getting shots of the fam. The great grand kids all posed with grandpa here. It was a zoo. I had to sneak in with my camera and take a few pictures. Livvy is down on the bottom left in a blur of non-compliance.


As you know, I only choose the classiest photos to display... This is Dave with gramps and his brothers Jeff & Scott, and sister Amy. Amy seems...happy(if not borderline frightening). Scott...asleep. Jeff...annoyed. Dave...distracted. Grandpa...bored. Love these family shots!


No comments: