I said to her "Nice to see that you dressed up to come to Walmart too" because she was pretty much dressed the same as me. It seems that we both came to the same conclusion when we pulled out of bed that morning, "Why dress up to clean toilets and take a trip to Wal-mart?"
As our conversation progressed, my friend pointed out that her life is like the movie "Ground Hog Day". She wakes up and every day is the same thing over and over. Day after day after day. I would have to agree with her. Sometimes the days blend together because it's all so much the same. I'm not complaining- just sayin'. Life is great. I love my life. I love being a wife and mother. I don't mind waking up everyday to my same husband, same kids, kindergarten homework, toilets to clean, errands to run. It's nice to call the shots and make my life what I want it to be.
That said,
There is one thing I could do without experiencing day after day after day...
Does anyone else see a pattern developing? Surprise! Surprise! Liv had a run-in with the vaseline...again. And not just any vaseline, the next door neighbor's vaseline. Ha! My friend brought her in the house and the first words out of her mouth "I put the hand sanitizer away when she came in. I don't even know where she got this from." You see, Livvy has a reputation. People know about her. They prepare their houses upon her arrival. So if you are wondering what an entire jar of vaseline emptied onto a two-year-olds head looks like, look no further.
While I was cleaning her up, she was still rubbing her hands on her head and then rubbing her arms and legs. You know, spreading the love around.
Isn't this a good look for her?
Needless to say, I'm on my way to the store to pick up some de-greaser. We have never experienced excess vaseline to this level.
6 comments:
Oh, wow. I don't even know what to say about this one. Wow.
WOW is right. She seems to always have something up her sleeve! You have alot of patience-I would just cry!
Dawn dish soap works. They use that on wildlife that get stuck in oil spills out in the ocean. I'm sure if it works on pure oil it would work on Vaseline...let me know?
I'm not one to use computer lingo in comments, but I did "L.O.L" at this one.
I check your blog, see the post about the baseball game, come back a few days later and it's Livvy all greased up again! Natalie - you are a trooper.
So, what works? Do tell! (You know, just in case. . .)
I found a bar of Lava soap and a canister of powder called Boraxo. Dave used both products and got it out of her hair. Three washes. I didn't think about using Dawn until after I read Jenn's comment and had already bought the other two things. I'll have to try that next time, because yes, I'm sure there will be a next time...
Post a Comment