Sara dyed every single one of her eggs red (well, pink). She is painting this egg gold.
Taylor was a little more daring and did green, yellow, and blue. He wouldn't touch the red dye though- something about it being pink and girly...
Daddy is helping Livvy to dye her egg. She only colored one before a total meltdown occured. I guess 20 month old babies don't understand that they can't hold, love, and thus crack the eggs. Lesson learned (by me, not her).
That night after we finally got the kids to bed (threatening that the Easter Bunny was going to hop right on by our house), the Easter bunny paid us a visit. I took a picture of their baskets before the Easter Bunny hid them. Livvy's basket got hidden in the pantry, Sara's was under the kitchen sink, and Taylor's was in the coat closet. Ahh that tricky Easter Bunny...
Here are the kids after church on Easter Sunday. This is the best picture I could get. Taylor started crying and pulling his tie off and the girls were just high on easter candy. Look at Livvy- that is one energized sugar baby.
We went to grandpa and grandma's house for Easter dinner. It was ham-a-rific. The kids went on an Easter Egg Hunt in the backyard with their cousins. I went outside with Aunt Nat to hide the eggs and we realized there was really nowhere to hide them. Spring is just barely beginning to do its thing which left us with a lot of dirt and grass. The kids didn't care though. They had a great time.
For dessert I made Strawberry Cheesecake. It's really more like a pie thing. Name doesn't matter-must. eat. food. It is so good. I lalalalove it. It's always what I request on my birthday. And because I love all of you, I will post the recipe. I didn't take a picture of it though. Sorry about that- just use your imagination.
CHEESE CAKE
This cheesecake should be made the day before in order for it to solidify. The topping should be made and added just a few hours prior to eating.
To make the graham cracker crust, combine:
20 finely crushed graham cracker squares
1/3 cup melted butter
¼ cup sugar
Put the crust in the refrigerator while you are making the cheesecake filling. If using a 9X13 pan, double the crust.
Cheesecake filling:
1 8oz cream cheese
1 cup or ½ pint whipping cream
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Double the ingredients for a 9X13 pan.
Cream the cream cheese, add sugar, vanilla, and whipping cream whipped. Pour into graham cracker crust. Chill.
Topping:
Prepare 1 package strawberry Junket, Danish Dessert (at the grocery store in the Jello isle), following pie glaze directions. Make sure it cools enough so that it doesn’t soggy your strawberries.
Cut up strawberries (I usually use about 2 lbs for the 9X13 recipe) and add to the slightly cooled Danish Dessert. Spread over the top of cheesecake. Refrigerate for a few hours.
So easy and so good!
3 comments:
Thanks for posting the strawberry pie recipe. It is so good!
It was sure delicious!! And hamarific and all that.....
Sorry to hear you've been sick. It is quit miserable and more complicated while being pregnant.
I love your Strawberry Pie recipe. Thanks for sharing! I've seen the tie dye egg kits and they sure look cool. Good for you trying something new. With kids involved you just never know. How cute that the "easter bunny" hides the baskets around the house. I remember you mom doing that. So fun.
About the swimsuits I posted on my blog - there's a picture of a pregnant mom wearing one. I can't remember which style. Don't give up yet!
This is the longest comment I've ever left on a blog. Why? Because I can. :) heehee...
Post a Comment