Thursday, March 27, 2008

Consider this my therapy

This post is full of too much information- proceed with caution:

My life as of last Friday:

1. Waking up in a puddle of drool most nights (it's times like these that I feel happy Dave is sound asleep)
2. Start sleeping upright to avoid said drool and finding that my head doesn't feel quite so explosive while sitting up.
3. Teeth hurt from breathing through my mouth
4. I guess I haven't mentioned my cough yet, or my bladder control issue... We'll just leave it at that.
5. Can't taste or smell- this has both positives and negatives.
Positives- Cleaning moldy tuna fish out of the fridge- didn't smell a thing, can't smell dirty diapers, can't smell Sara's pee. Oh, listen to this (or maybe not if you get grossed out easily)- this morning I had to take my glucose test where you drink the orange drink, wait an hour, and then have your blood drawn. I couldn't taste that drink- downed it in 2 minutes. But then when I was coughing so hard some of it came back up- I swallowed it and didn't taste a thing. I think that falls under "too much information" and "what is grosser than gross" but I feel I have to dig deep to find the positives when I am being faced with so many negatives. And really, if you have ever been lucky enough to drink the orange drink and take the glucose test, you will understand that one will stop at next to nothing to avoid doing it again.
Negatives- Livvy's "fire bum" because I can't smell her poop, my house probably stinks like pee because I can't smell it, and darn it- I can't taste food (but my taster didn't go away until after Easter dinner- YES!)
6. Did I mention that I'm tired? Because I am.
7. I cannot medicate myself. Speaking of medication, I said to Dave the other day in reference to Livvy, "Can we medicate her for her own safety?" And I don't mean to keep her safe from herself, but to keep her safe from me. It made for a good laugh at the time, for me anyway- I just have to laugh or I will roll into the fetal position, cry, and rock myself to sleep. It's true, sort of, okay, not really but you get what I am saying.
8. So in case you haven't caught on by now, I've been a tad bit sick.

So those are my problems. Well, some of them anyway. The worst part about being sick is that I still have to take care of other people (sigh...) Livvy doesn't seem to have a "mommy's sick and so I should stop climbing out of my crib and just go to sleep" radar. I guess she didn't come equipped with one of those. The other night I put her back in her bed about 30, yes 30, times before she went to bed around midnight. She worked up a sweat with all that jumping- her little face was bright red. She even jumped out when I turned out the light and it was pitch black in her room. Needless to say, we are going to need to buy a lock and put her in the toddler bed.

My kids ate Little Caesars $5 pepperoni pizza for lunch. How is it that I am too tired to whip up a box of mac n cheese and yet here I sit, blogging away. I should be asleep... or cleaning this pig sty we call home. eh...

Life doesn't seem to stop. All my obligations and commitments don't go away just because I'm sick. In fact, I think more things come up. But I guess that's what life is all about- sucking it up, doing my part, and then somehow I am a better person for it? And yes, I ask that as a question.

I am on the mend and feeling quite better. Sometimes it's just nice to complain- because I can.

3 comments:

Tres Chic Boutique said...

WOW. Well, you know, it is nice to hear how people REALLY feel, makes them seem more "real". That said, I really feel for you! Pregnant with the escape artist is exactly how I was, but I did not have other people to deal with. And my kids are not old enough that I have to leave the house, if I don't want to. One of these days (obviously not quick enough) the novelty will wear off, let's just hope you are still sane then, eh. Good Luck!
Heather

JennM said...

When I'm sick...all I do is think how much work I'm going to have when I feel better. =( Mom's shouldn't be alowed to get sick.

Betsy said...

Isn't it so crappy to be a sick mom? I feel for ya, man. Glad to hear you're on the mend, though. Thanks for keeping it real. I for one love every gory detail, so keep it up. You entertain me to no end.