Monday, January 21, 2008

Because I like to be random

I'm awake at 12:15 in the morning and I should be sleeping- I will definetly regret it tomorrow when my kids are crawling all over me while I am still trying to sleep.

A few things:

1. When we got home tonight, and after my kids and Dave were in bed, I noticed a plate of cookies out on my front porch. Lucky me (ha!)... I just pounded 4 chocolate chip cookies from an unknown source and a glass of milk. Seriously. I could be dead by morning. I am posting this for two reasons- 1. so Dave knows what happened if I am unresponsive in the morning and 2- just to remind myself NEVER to do this again- which I can do, until another plate of cookies is delivered to my door- then all bets are off.

2. As many of you know, I have a brother named Alan. With the recent passing of my uncle Alan, you can imagine the confusion surrounding the 5 and under crowd at my house. My mom was very upset and of course my kids were concerned as to why she was crying. She began informing them that Uncle Alan had died. Great mom, just great. I quickly intercepted this conversation and did my best to offset the inevitable confusion. Apparently I didn't do such a good job. Upon seeing my brother Alan the other day, Sara asked in her all too sweet, concerned, and curious voice, "Alan, why you died?" I guess I have some more 'splainin to do.

3. Taylor has a hard time saying the letter "L" at the beginning of words. It's not so much that he can't do it, he's just a tad bit lazy. And I know, you really just have to be here for it to be funny but because this is my blog, I will list some of our current favorites.

-His new "Yego Star Wars" game on the Wii (Seriously, everytime he asks me if he can play this I have to take a moment and figure out what he is even talking about.)

-The "yincoln yogs" he got from Santa

-Upon noticing the veins in his hands the other day, he came up to me in a panic asking about the "byack yines" on his hands.

-Sara just won't "yisten"

-Christmas morning I was getting drilled on whether Santa set out the gifts or whether it was me and Dave. In a very concerned voice, he said "Don't yie to me, mom."

4. Olivia turned 18 months last month. Yesterday was "18 month photo day". I love the idea of getting her picture taken but hate the actual process. She is a monster- not interested at all in being cute for her posterity to remember her by. She cried, she ran, she stuffed her face with marshmallows, she arched her back ( I hate that), she climbed all over the place. Really and truly a nightmare. Why do I do this to myself every time? I should learn by now. It's just that I can't pass up the photo opportunity. Really. It would kill me. So anyway, Angie at Simplicity Photography worked her magic on my little terror and I am crossing my fingers something turned out. She posted one of Livvy and one of Sara on her blog. Sara was the posing pillar of perfection. A photographer's dream. Not Livvy. Grrrrrr........

5. Friday night Sara found a new smile. What is this? -Raise your glasses- here's to hoping we never see this smile again.





5. Sara just woke up screaming and crying. I went up to her room and there she was- underwear only- flailing about on her bed. Don't ask me where her jammies went because I still haven't figured that out. After trying to calm her for 15 minutes, I gave up. I don't think she is awake. I did change her into a pull-up. Waking up all crazy and peeing herself seem to go hand in hand. Better safe than sorry. Then she started screaming "mommy" at the top of her lungs. I just have to breathe to prevent bodily harm from happening to any member of this family. I have all my kids sleeping in the same room (story for another day) and so this whole situation of screaming in the middle of the night isn't exactly ideal. Long story short- she is back to sleep. Sometimes I feel like I just need to smack her forehead and scream "Demons Out!" Really. She is so freakishly Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. It's unreal.

6. It's hard being outnumbered, isn't it?

2 comments:

Sue said...

I love the new smile. That is hilarious. Why is it that they all go through that phase of testing out the smiles? You'll laugh later...

I understand outnumbered. It's exhausting. What else is there to say.

Fun wedding pics too- It's been a while since I've been to a wedding, so how fun. Sweet!

Betsy said...

Natalie. There are many reasons why I adore you and this posting is full of them. "Raise your glass" -- honestly. You're brilliant. I wish you many more nights of anonymous cookies on your front porch! Love it!!