
Well. April 1st has come and gone and my little Spencer has tubes in his ears! I have been waiting for this day for more than a month!
He was such a happy little guy going into his surgery but not such a happy little guy coming out of it. They told me that most babies have a hard time coming out of anesthesia because they don't recognize or understand what they are feeling. I think he also was upset because his ears hurt! The doctor said that his ears were as bad as he ever sees them and they will most likely continue to hurt for a couple days. He had lots of pus coming out of his middle ear. Even when he thought he had it all out, it would keep coming. (I resisted the urge to say, "Maybe if you could have fit him in a few weeks back, we wouldn't be having this problem today!!!")
He has been taking an oral antibiotic and antibiotic ear drops. He had so much drainage. It lasted for 5 days (which is not good, by the way)! It has finally stopped but he still tugs and swats at his ears a bit. I wonder if we will ever get rid of this infection. I am going crazy! The antibiotic has given him a lousy case of diarrhea which in turn, has given him some fierce fire bum. Poor kid.
Spencer looked so cute in his little hospital gown and booties. I had to get a couple pictures. They even gave him a teddy bear. He wasn't too interested in it but hey, it's the thought that counts, right?

3 comments:
That little Spencer is one darling kid! So cute in the gown and booties. I'm so glad the surgery is over and done with. Hopefully he'll heal quickly and you can get back to sleeping again! Good luck!
I'm so sorry Spencer has had to go through this. What a little dolly, I'm really sorry you guys have been put through this. Much love, and hope he heals up soon. By the way, hope your family has a wonderful Easter.
Hooray for tubes! Kaden is on his second set and it is the only thing that keeps him from ear infections! I was out of my mind before-an ear infection once a month for 6 months in a row! Hope he recovers soon!
Post a Comment