Saturday afternoon the kids dyed their Easter Eggs in preparation for the Easter Bunny.
Livvy thought it would be a good idea to snack on the vinegar dye...
The kids quickly let her know that it was not okay to eat the dye. She wasn't too happy about it.
Any guesses as to who this hand belongs to? Yeah... she kept clean until the very last egg and then bam! she was hand dipping and smearing blue everywhere.

Because my life is crazy, Easter Egg dying time turned into a multi-tasking frenzy- I helped the kids with their eggs (probably not as much as I should have), made rolls (and Spencer accidentally grabbed the hot pan with his fingers), changed diapers, and carried a sad Spenny around (not because of his fingers, just because his ears are kicking our butts). Daddy was off at a Real Soccer game. Love those season tickets...
See how good the rolls turned out? Yep. They were delish...
After that we were off to great grandma's birthday party but not before we made a stop at grandma and grandpa's house- they surprised the kids with Easter stuffed animals.
Easter Sunday the kids woke up early running around the house to find their baskets hidden by the Easter Bunny himself (or in our case, herself). Sara couldn't believe that that silly Easter Bunny hid her basket in the same place as last year... oops. Looks like our Easter Bunny needs to get a little more creative.
Taylor thought his basket was SO HARD to find hidden in the buffet in the front entryway.
Liv's basket was hidden in a corner. Taylor and Sara found it first and just couldn't resist dragging Olivia right to it.
Russ & Nat blessed Amelia on Easter Sunday. We had a fantastic Easter dinner with all the fam and lounged around at Aunt Nat's parent's house all day. It was so relaxing and fun.
Here are my kids and my love all dressed up in their fancy stuff. Taylor got a new tie. The girls are wearing hand-me-down dresses from my sister-in-law Lori. They are the dresses that I had all the little girls wearing at my wedding. I pulled them out a few days ago and thought they would be perfect for Easter! That is, hands down, the best deal I've ever gotten on Easter dresses! Ha!
When I asked the kids to talk to me about why we celebrate Easter, Taylor was quick to say, "Jesus was rex-ted... I mean, re-surr-ect-ted." Big word. Good kids. Happy Easter.
1 comment:
Those dresses are not just hand-me-downs those must be super special to you. How precious...
Post a Comment