Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spencer- 10 months



Time really seems to be flying around here and my baby is growing up so fast!

His biggest ordeal of the month was getting tubes. It is still an on-going drama and I'm wondering if it will ever end. He wasn't acting any better days after getting the tubes in so I knew something was up and of course, at his follow-up visit, they found that one of his tubes was plugged. I had to take him back a few days later to have his ear sucked out. I was dreading it because they told me they would have to strap him down to one of those papoose boards to get the job done. I don't know what I was worried about- Spencer is the best little baby- so good and so chill. He didn't cry one bit when they strapped him in. And even when they sucked all the infection out he still didn't cry. Toward the end he started to fuss because he was sick of them holding his head. He amazes me everyday!

Because of his ears he has had a really hard time sleeping. One night I was bouncing him to sleep and he just wouldn't calm down and get comfortable. I handed him this little ball and within seconds he was sound asleep.



I feel like his look has really changed this month. He cut his 7th and 8th teeth. What a big boy! He is a total biter. He bites everything, including his mama! His hair is really coming in, especially right above his ears. It sticks up everywhere and he just looks so cute! His hair is a little wonky here because he is covered in sunblock but still, it's crazy and cute. In his hand you will see that he is holding his most favorite toy- my cell phone. Why oh why oh why do they love cell phones so much? And not just any cell phone- my current cell phone. My old cell phone just will not do. He would know. How do they know?!!!! Can't you just see Seinfeld screaming that? Yep. Pretty funny!



Spencer is the center of all the love around here. He gets played with, dragged, carried, and fed everywhere he goes. But really, I don't think he would have it any other way. He loves these kids!



Sara has a love for apples. I guess I should re-phrase that- Sara has a love for pulling apples out of the fridge, taking a bite or two, and then leaving them in hidden locations. And my little Spence, well, he has a knack for finding them. Rotten... fresh... he doesn't discriminate.



He does really good with a sippy cup and he likes spending time in his high chair chowing down. Now that he knows the joys of real food, he finds major offense if I offer him baby food. Just yesterday I emptied out my pantry of baby food and packed it in a bag to send to Aunt Nat. (Sigh) Another era of his life over.





A few days ago I was doing my thing in the kitchen and Spencer was crawling about doing his baby thing. I wasn't worried for his safety because of my super classy baby gate set up to keep him from falling down the stairs...



But when I turned around, I was quite surprised to find him making his way up the stairs. I was just working on this with him a couple days before and he did not get it at all. This kid is a fast learner. He is so determined- it kind of drives me crazy. His favorite thing to do is to empty out the basket that holds all the Wii games and accessories. As soon as I pick it up, he comes crawling right back over to set things straight with me. He also likes to crawl behind the T.V. He has also started walking with us when we hold his hands. He wasn't doing this last month so it's fun to see him learning.



Oh how we love this baby!

1 comment:

JennM said...

WOW you've been hard at work with all your updates...either that or I haven't been around in awhile. How cute is Spencer? Is it me or does he resemble Olivia? He's very cute Natalie, enjoy it. I'm already having withdrawals from Justin getting older...he starts nursery this next week.