One big FIRST for Spencer: Rice Cereal.
He wasn't too pleased.
Not pleased at all. Look at that little face- it clearly says "I trusted you and this is not what trust looks or tastes like!" (aka: where is my mama with my milky?) We have since worked out the problem and he actually does eat the cereal better- if I'm not the one feeding him. Funny how that works.
A typical day for Spencer includes chewing on his hands and fingers. ALL DAY. He loves them. He has found his thumb but doesn't suck on it- just uses it as a chew toy. And when one hand won't do...
He brings in the reinforcements- hand numero dos! And no, we haven't seen any signs of teeth yet.
A few things about my little buddy:
- Spencer is my first baby who really lets me know when he wants his diaper changed.
- He likes to jabber.
- His right eye still has a clogged tear duct. It drives me crazy- especially right now because the little guy has a cold. He is really so cute and so happy- every oraface of his face can be running snot or spit and he's still all smiles.
- He is BIG. Chunky thighs and "rubber band wrists" as some random stranger called them.
- Ticklish. Giggles like crazy when I wash in his neck cracks.
- Hearing mommy sing quiets him almost instantly.
- He has started enjoying time on the floor. He rolls and moves around.
- He is grabbing his toys and loves to chew chew chew them.
- He most definetly knows and adores mommy above and beyond all others. (I think it has a little something to do with the milk factory I am running)
- We often find him laughing at nothing. It is delightful!
- Spencer sleeps in a bouncy chair. When I put him down to sleep, his little left hand immediately comes up to the side of his face, he turns his face to his hand and then proceeds to make funky grunting sounds for a few minutes until he falls asleep. Funny baby...
Spencer was having a tough time falling asleep one day. I had so much stuff to get done and couldn't just sit and hold him for hours. He wasn't happy if he couldn't see me so I put him in his jumper in the bathroom doorway and got busy cleaning the bathroom. FINALLY after a while he fell asleep. I really did mean to grab him and lay him down before this happened but he was out like a light before I could get to him. He transferred easily to his bed, but not before I snapped a couple pictures. What a little sweet heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment