
Saturday was Aunt Nat's Baby Shower. It was a fun event.
I would have to call it my most successful baby shower yet- only because Natalie's mom offered to make all the food. Can you imagine? It was difficult for me to relinquish any control but I turned the food over to her and the result was amazing. We feasted on chicken noodle soup (the one with the big fat homemade noodles), homemade bread, a gigantor salad, and yummy peach cobbler. All I had to do was decorate and put some games together. Suh-weet!
Since I didn't have the responsibility of making the food, I directed all my energy toward decorating. My motto is, "With Hobby Lobby, all things are possible." I do have to mention though, remember last year when I had that debacle at Hobby Lobby with the paper-licking cashier? As luck would (not) have it, she was my cashier again. Apparently she has learned a thing or two over the year about paper handling. She didn't count a single sheet of paper- she just asked me how many I had. I wonder how long it took her to figure that out. I was totally relieved but then when she called me "hon", I had to reconsider just exactly how much progress she was making with me. Listen woman, I'm old enough to be your mother (not really)- don't be calling me "hon".
Anyhoo, I had fun putting decorations together. I went with a hot pink and green theme. It's kind of nice decorating for events around Christmas time. The possibilities are endless at the craft stores! Who knew that pink is now the new red? Yikes.
I hung hot pink (almost purple, what can ya do?) balls from the ceiling, made a banner in photo shop, decorated my little pine trees with pink & green ornaments, purchased helium balloons (they just make me happy), made a diaper cake (which was to-die-for cute) and made some funky hanging thing to dangle from my chandelier. There were other things here and there but I won't bore you with the details. Needless to say, it was fun! fun! fun!
Here is Nat holding the diaper cake. She is so cute and finally starting to look pregnant (although she was hiding behind things all day so I don't have any pictures of her belly). She was telling us that she told her doctor, "I can't imagine getting any bigger". Hello- still two months to go! I think her dr just started laughing. Being pregnant is bliss, especially the first time around.

4 comments:
Oh my gosh...I feel like the world's biggest idiot of all time. I have had the wrong date in my head! Well good thing I'm not going to randomly show up at your house now! That would have been quite embarrassing! I'm glad it was fun and feel retarded that I missed it!
Looks like it was a great party, sorry I couldn't make it.
That was the best baby shower I ever had!! And the reason for that is that this is Russell and I didn't have to go to it. Any baby shower unattended by a man is a good one. But Natalie loved it!
Natalie, do you follow the blog "Seriously So Blessed?" Because you are sounding just like Tamn, . . . I am so proud of you and your decorating skills. It looks perfect!!! (take that as a compliment, please!)
Post a Comment