Monday, September 22, 2008

Spencer turns 3 months old

This little baby of ours is just growing too fast. I am loving every second of him. He is so cute and squishy and good.

Here's the low-down on our little guy:

  • He has started kicking. A blanket never stays on him for very long.
  • He has also started cooing and jabbering. I love that he has found his voice. It's the sweetest thing in the world.
  • He is getting stronger and is starting to use his legs to push against me when I am holding him up.
  • He is becoming much more social and loves to be around people. I think he has realized that he is part of a family and wants to be in the mix of things all the time. If I leave the room, baby ain't happy. He likes to sit in his chair and watch me make dinner. He gets pretty offended if we put him in the swing while he is awake.
  • He had a cold this past month- it wasn't too bad, just a little congestion. He has a clogged tear in his right eye and most of the cold manifested itself in his eye. Love the eye sludge. We got him an eye drop from the doctor and things cleared up quickly.
  • According to Taylor, Spencer says the following words: "up" and "help".
  • He is the happiest little guy. He is always ready with a smile. He likes when we run his legs and clap his hands together or cross his arms across his chest. He laughs and we melt.
  • He is still sleeping through the night and I lalalalove it! Thanks Spenny.
  • Sometimes I call him "Penny" but then I take it back because it seems like a girl name. It just slips out! I've also been calling him "Spenny Spenuel" but the kids let me know that is not his name. Good thing I have these kids around to keep things straight...

Here's a few shots of the little guy throughout the month. He's kind of hard to photograph seeing as how he has no neck.



Here he is showing off one of the many blankets that his grandma has made for him. He is just so chubbers!

He isn't particularly interested in my desire to document his cute little face for posterity. As soon as he catches sight of the camera, all personality turns off and he's like "get that thing outta my face!" My friend gave him this cute little outfit covered in dinosaurs. Super cute! I tried it on him and was taking some pictures. He wasn't having it! He just gave me that "Step down mama- I'm done with taking pictures already" look.

Sara loves to mother Spencer. She plays with him and helps me watch him all the time. Sometimes she plays a little rough and needs to be reminded not to sever his head from his body but we work around that and I don't think he is suffering any ill effects.

The other day I tried to take a few pictures of him with this little hat on. It wasn't a very succesful experience. That said, I love all the pictures I got because they epitomize a photo session with a 3-month-old baby. All his little faces... I could eat him. I love his little round chin and how the rest of his chubby face just pudges around it.