Monday, September 29, 2008

It's a hair thang

The last couple of months I have gotten the itch to do more with the girl's hair. I've looked at some hair-do blogs here and there and have been trying some new things. They don't have much hair which is probably the biggest challenge. But hey, we do not accept defeat in this house. And so I say, braid on...

I am surprised and oh so proud at how well they sit still. While I do my thing, we chat about this and that. It really is kind of fun. I let them choose the colors of elastics they want in their hair and that seems to make all the yanking and pulling okay. Afterwards we go over to the big mirror, pull a little mirror out of the cupboard, hold it up, and ooh and ahh over the "do" of the day. It's fabulous.

Saturday was the mack-daddy hair-do day at our house. As Sebastian in the Little Mermaid would say, "this was the pinnacle of my distinguished career." (I think I may spend a little too much time watching that movie...)

I separated Sara's hair into 4 sections, french braiding each section to the middle, where I gathered all her hair into a bun and tacked a little bow on. It was so cute... so cute, in fact, that I had to bring out the camera. And so, for your viewing pleasure- ISN'T IT CUTE? I was dying. I couldn't believe that she held so still. I was proud of her because she had to put her head in all kinds of weird positions to pull it off. No pain, no gain.



We don't do braids in Livvy's hair yet. She doesn't have enough hair. But even more than that, she wouldn't hold still so we don't even try it. However, she does usually hold still and let me do elastic braids in her hair. We've opted to do that a lot lately and have come up with lots of different fun designs. Here is the one we did on Saturday:



Thanks for looking. I love my cute girls! They are so fun.

5 comments:

Betsy said...

SO, SO cute is right! Good for you. I need to get some hair skills. It's killin' me. I try to recreate what I see on these hair blogs and it just ain't the same. (sigh). These are darling 'dos. Post more when you get a chance! I need inspiration!

Jessica said...

I need some serious hair lessons. Poor Ellie is stuck with pony tails and headbands seeing as I can't braid worth a darn!

Katie said...

I'll have to try that French Braid one. It's very cool! It's fun to get ideas from the hair blogs and addapt them to your kids hair. Keep up the good work!

JennM said...

I've done the elastic band thing...specially after Julia decided to cut her hair last christmas...I've frenched braided into piggy tails and just the front part so it looks like a head band. I"VE NEVER seen the 4 sections before...that is ADORABLE. I will have to steal that from you. Thanks!! =)

Nate and Sina said...

What are these "hair blogs" and how can I find them. Much like you can't do a cartwheel (which I have never understood), I haven't a clue how to do my daughter's hair. I just wasn't that girl. Help me out!