
No, that is not a pretty little girl- it is Dave in his disgruntled teen years. He's smiling for family pictures here. I cropped out the family, you know, to protect the innocent and what not. You don't really get the whole effect here because he's all dressed up for pictures and probably being poked with a cattle prod to ensure a smile. I've seen other pictures where the teenager attitude (the I'm cooler than all of you and bored to death at all times thing) actually matched the hair but I can't seem to find any of those. Apparently he grew his hair so long he could suck on it. What a delicious little snack. And when I asked why he eventually cut his hair, his answer: "I just cut it." Boooooring. I was waiting for an emotional discourse on how he cut it for his mom so she would feel respected and loved. But no.
Anyway, back to the concert- we had great seats right down on the floor. Problem being, I am sort of pregnant and standing for long periods of time leads me to feel as though I am going to teeter over. So I stood a little and sat a lot. I knew 10 songs out of the 30 or so they played. Dave would turn to me and say "You've got to know this one" and my response- a blank stare. They played forever. And by forever, I mean FOR.E.VER. Three hours. They sounded great and we can definetly say we got our money's worth.
Dave forgot his black eye liner and studded dog collar. And I must have misplaced my fish net tights and combat boots. Oh wait, I don't own either of those things... Neither of us took the time to pierce every inch of our faces with safety pins, but rest assured, we still had a great time.
Dave took this picture with his phone. Ahhh...good times.
7 comments:
you always come up with something that makes me burst out laughing (alone - out loud). Love that picture of Dave. Ryan has a similar story about cutting his long hair. "It was time", and unfortunately never got a picture of his chin length bob.
Did they sing my favorite - "Why Can't I Be You"? Good high school memories there.
What songs do they sing? I know I've heard of them..I'm sure Ryan plays some of their songs. But, at the moment I'm having a brain freeze. That, or my age is showing.
Okay, so Dave has really nice hair. It's all shiny. Most guys in my high school never had "nice" hair when they grew it out.
Rock n Roll!! I'm impressed you are out and about at concerts. Great band. The concert picture is fabulous. What kind of phone does he have? Love Dave's blast from the past photo. I can't believe he doesn't have a better story for the haircut.
How long have you been married to Dave? Because I would be much more surprise if he HAD started sharing some highly emotional story about the hair! Hello! He's a Jackson male! They don't do emotional stories. And I LOVE The Cure! I was a big fan in High School.
First of all I am really jealous that you went to the Cure....I love them. My favorite song of theirs right now is "Love Cats"....did they play it?? Second, Dave looks exactly the same.....he was cute.....no wonder you snatched him right up...
HAHAHAHA that is hilarious... and I am not surprised. I am defintely not surprised by that TOTALLY Dave response of "I just cut it". I bet that concert was interesting-- I like the Cure, but probably more like you, a few songs (and not the crazy ones). Good Times, eh!
Post a Comment