Saturday, May 24, 2008

Every day is a happier day...

Taylor had his spring program at school last week. The theme of the program was dinosaurs. Taylor was a T-Rex and he did such a great job singing and dancing. He really was so cute. He has come a long way since last year (not that he wasn't cute- just not a performer).

After a closer look at this darling picture of him, I noticed that he has Arby's sauce by his mouth. Dang it! I made every effort to put him in a nice shirt for his program. I left the house early to pick him up some lunch and then forgot to make sure he wasn't "bringing his lunch with him to school" so to speak. I have my thumb good and ready for a lick-n-wipe at a moments notice and I failed my child. Honestly, I think he would prefer the food on his face to the lick-n-wipe. That's only because the lick-n-wipe is just gross (although necessary on occasion). Moving right along...



Here he is with his teachers Ms. Shanna and Ms. Amber. I think he has a crush of sorts on Ms. Amber. It's pretty funny. He just likes her "SO" much.



Taylor goes to Challenger School (that's the name). It's practically impossible to forget the school name because they throw it around so much. For instance, they sing a song with these words included, "Every day is a happier day when you're learning the Challenger way." Because learning any other way is miserable... And they have apparently cornered the market on sitting with arms and legs crossed. They call it "challenger arms" and "challenger legs". Seriously. We'll be at home and Taylor will tell Sara to "sit on her challengers". Right. It just makes me laugh. And laugh some more. It really is a great school. Taylor has loved it. Like I said, I just have to laugh. And then never send another child there again for fear we may go bankrupt.

Sara won't be going to Challenger and she won't be learning the Challenger way. We'll have to see how that goes. Somehow I think she will turn out to be a productive member of her kindergarten class despite never "laughing and living and learning the Challenger way." It really is a shame you can't hear the tune and sing along with me.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I could! That's been a favorite at our house, too! And I'm really hoping that Porter learns those "challenger arms" and "challenger legs". He really needs something. I'm sad that Sara won't be with him, though. Are you sure you don't want to pay a small fortune for her, too? Please?