Friday, October 5, 2007

Out with the wrinkles!

Why, you may ask, am I awake at 1:00 in the morning? I finally made the leap- right into my 'un-ironed goods' laundry basket. That's right folks, there is not one item of clothing in this house that needs to be ironed. After living here nearly 2 years, that's the first time I can say that. Seriously, I forgot about some of the clothes I own. Some cute stuff. It was kind of like shopping but I didn't have to spend money. I probably increased my wardrobe by 25%.

I threw one of Dave's shirts away and put about 3-4 in the D.I. bag. He doesn't know about those shirts yet. Shhh... Well, I guess he will when he reads this. By that time I will have that bag off to the D.I.- he won't even know what hit him. Actually, I think it's pretty much the same concept as having unpacked boxes in the basement. If you threw them out, would you miss them? He hasn't seen these shirts in so long he has probably forgotten about them. I am such a fabulous housekeeper!

Either way, he has a decent job. He can buy a new shirt every year or two. Granted, he still has this wretched awful flannel plaid green shirt that he bought way before we were married. I guess I should consider myself lucky since he only wears it in the garage for those manly saw-wielding projects. He isn't willing to part with it yet. I'm thinking of starting a petition. My next goal is to never again buy any item of clothing that needs to be ironed. I guess that's not an option- darn you church clothes! It's time to start up with a laundry service, and for real this time. I'm not just saying it! I can't turn back now that we are wrinkle free. It's going to be one of those ones that brings a bag to my door, wisks away the dirty wrinkly clothes, and brings them back to my door. That is my kind of ironing!

3 comments:

Sue said...

I don't think I've ever been wrinkle free. I hate ironing. I pull the things out of the dryer ASAP and hang them, then Ryan irons his own stuff before work, I wear jeans on a daily basis, and on Sundays do a mad dash to get 5 people's things ready. (Again, Ryan does his own.)

BTW, thanks for reading my blog. It's so nice of you to read my babbling. You and my sister and Jen Chandler. That's about it.

You're so great!!

JennM said...

Okay, so this may be really "indulgent" I don't know....but isn't happiness worth it? There's a place called "Hangers" in KS. They were my best friends. Every monday morning they would pick up the blue bag in front of my door (in this bag was all of our "needs ironing, cleaning". They would dry clean it/iron it then return it to my door thursday morning. I LOVED them. They did not charge for pick up and I think I was averagin about 10$ a week. Isn't that worth sanity? I thought so. Now I'm in the cornfields and I don't think such a thing exists. =(

Heather said...

Okay so I feel the same way!!! I do not iron. When I do, I wear the shirt like 5 times before I wash it to maximize my time (haha) and then I do not wear it again for ages until I feel like ironing 20 things again. You should see my dry cleaning... Clothes I have not worn in over a year and a half...