Friday, January 9, 2009

Is your handyman a wiseguy too?



We have a situation at our house- it seems that my children have no discretion when it comes to bath toys. They pretty much think that every toy in our house deserves a go in the tub. Because of this haphazard thinking, many innocent (and expensive) toys have been laid to rest. Examples- Talking baby alive- talks no more. Race car that drives and makes noise- rusted out and thrown in the trash. The girl's favorite thing to do is to bring Barbie in the bathtub and wrap her up all cozy in a dripping washcloth. Not really that big of a deal until Barbie has a button to push and sings. Needless to say, a couple different Barbie dolls sing no more. That is just the beginning of a long list of toys that have met their demise in our tub.

Yesterday I put Livvy in the bath. She was playing with a couple purple mardi gras necklaces in the tub. I figured it was no big deal. Those necklaces were launched at us from off of a Mardi Gras Parade Float when we lived in Mississippi. I pretty much consider them disposable because we have so many. I didn't think they could be a hazard in the tub- until I pulled the plug. I saw the smaller of the two necklaces make its way, slippery as a snake, to the drain faster than I could grab it. I didn't actually think it would go down but down down down it went making all kinds of clickety clackety noises. The rest of the water drained out and the entire time I could hear "clickety clackety". So I guess I have a mardi gras necklace stuck in my pipe. After a quick assessment and realizing this was not a job for me, I decided to turn the problem over to Dave when he got home.

Fast forward to Dave getting home. I relayed the whole story to him and the response I got from him:

"Lift up your shirt, that should get it back. "

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh, Dave. That and the small sweater are giving me a little insight into his soul. Wish we were still next-door neighbors!

M&A said...

Whoa. I just pictured Dave and Nat in an old country western set where he is the sheriff and Nat is the beautiful country girl. Dave turns to Nat... "Lift up your shirt, that should get it back." Right before he rides into the sunset of that old country field.

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

That was hilarious:) It was soo great seeing you and your adorable family again:)

Brooke G said...

Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee

That was funny!