A couple days before we went to the hospital to have the baby, Dave was lamenting the fact that he would have more responsibilities around the house during my recovery. We were joking around about it at the time but in all reality, he was dead serious and not looking forward to his temporary role as both mom and dad.
I am happy to say that we (and by we, I mean DAVE) have successfully made it through a week or more of new baby and things are good. Dave may have some rather unconventional ways of "helping" around the house but all children are alive and accounted for. Apparently playing Rock Band as loud as possible, because "the louder the better" is soothing for the baby. I tend to think it has dulled Spencer's senses but what do I know? I'm not the dr around here...
Sara came running into me the other day giddy over her new hair-do. I asked her who had helped her with it and she proudly announced "daddy". One question: How does he do it? If I had conjured up that hair-do, there would have been weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth. I guess daddy just has the magic touch.
I mean, look at that part- who knew Dave was capable of such a thing? Now I just need to introduce him to the flat iron...

The other night the kids wanted a treat before they went to bed. And Dave's response, "You get to brush your teeth for dessert". That stopped them dead in their tracks and had them looking at him like "What the...?" That's right kids, it's time for daddy to go back to work.
Thanks for being such a trooper Dave! Yesterday he started back at work. I know he didn't want to but at the same time I'm sure he couldn't have pulled out of the driveway faster. And really, I don't blame him.
3 comments:
That is awesome! I'm sure it was good for him! That is a pretty good hair style he pulled off there too! I don't think I even get my own part that straight!
Something all dads look forward to I'm sure. Thad is lucky his mom is so close...but then he never really gets to appreciate me. 2 weeks to go!
Good job Dave! Nothing like letting dad take the reigns to help them appreciate what we do. Of course, when I was gone for a week Tom said, " that was so easy. I always had the dishes done. I could do your job, easy." Punch him in the nose.
Post a Comment