Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Magoon

Last week we tagged along with my sister Kristina to Lagoon. Her work sponsors a Lagoon day packed full of discounts and free food. And so, for the second year in a row, we were not about to let this opportunity pass us by. Dave was able to get out of work early and off we went with grandparents, cousins, and of course, Kristina.

I let the kids know a couple days in advance that we were going to be spending a day at Lagoon. Telling them things like this works as a double edged sword. On the one hand, I can use the information as bribery for good behavior but on the other hand, I have to listen to them asking about it all day everyday until we go. And bless Sara's little heart, information goes in her ears and out of her mouth completely different. After she found out we were going, she talked about and asked about "Magoon" all week long. No matter how many times I corrected her, she still kept asking about "Magoon".

We decided not to take Olivia along and lucky for us, Aunt Amy was happy to take her for the day. Thanks Amy!

We spent the first couple hours swimming at Lagoon-a beach.

Now if this isn't a good time, I don't know what is. Uncle Mark decided to take Sara for a ride in her life jacket. The life jacket ride lost its charm once she realized she had a life jacket wedgy.



I never in a million years would have picked this ride out to be the kid's favorite but it turned out to be the hit of the day. It had everything to do with the gun on top, which Taylor called "the laser".



Sara had a great time pal-ing around with her little cousin Emma. They really were so cute all day.



Despite having Spencer with us, I was actually able to go on a couple rides. I rode Jet Star 2 with Dave. After standing up from that ride, I realized that maybe I shouldn't be riding any kind of roller coaster 3 weeks after having a baby. Yah...

Overall it was a great day. We had a fun time watching the kids and being with family. Thanks Kristina!

3 comments:

Davej said...

Nobody seems to care much about "MAGOON". I think its great!!! check out
cu-barr.blogspot.com

Lora said...

I love the collage that you made of Emma and Sara. Micah is using it as his screen saver at work! Fun Times.

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/manfaat-daun-brotowali