Taylor and Ethan (or as Taylor calls him- "Esan") displaying their see-food.
A little croquet anyone? Dave is a big croquet fan and Taylor has now followed suite. Or maybe it was just because he was the oldest child there and the light turned on and he actually understood the concept of the game.
I have decided to make it a tradition to get everyone in the family new clothes for the 4th. Not necessarily matchy-matchy (Dave would rather die) but just something red, white, blue or a variation of all three. This year I was a little behind in my clothes purchasing and didn't find Dave anything during my last minute clothes binge at Old Navy. I felt bad but I'm sure he was more happy than sad.
He grabbed this red plaid shirt from his closet. It was missing a button. And wouldn't you know it folks, the guy sewed on his own button. I was impressed. I guess he didn't go on a mission for nothing. His mom would be so proud.
We watched the Sandy City fireworks from a hill over by Jordan High School. The kids had a great time. This was mostly because #1- Russ and Nat were there to provide entertainment for them and #2- Russ and Nat located the kids some glow sticks. So you see, we can credit a successful night at the fireworks solely to Russ and Nat. We have to enjoy these happy aunt and uncle times while we can because once their rugrat arrives on the scene- our kids won't be so cute anymore (to them anyway).
Afterwards, we came back to my parents house and set off our own fireworks in the street. We didn't get home until after midnight. Isn't that what holidays are all about? All regular behavior out the window to make way for celebration and pandemonium? Pretty much.
2 comments:
May I say your family of 4 is gorgeous? Oh how cute! Natalie M looks so cute. She has a glow to her, or is that the firework going off and her face is reflecting it? ;)
Good times......oh yeah good times....
Post a Comment