And so, about two weeks ago we helped Olivia say goodbye to her crib by taking it down. I was afraid she was going to break a bone with all the jumping out she was doing. She walked into the room while Dave was pulling it apart and burst into tears.
Then she decided to take matters into her own hands. She went over, lifted up a rail, and hauled it out of the bedroom. It was quite funny watching her haul that thing- she was grunting and breathing heavily- quite the work out for her little self.
We have temporarily put her crib mattress down on the floor. She is totally fine with it- just glad to have a place that belongs to her.
As you may have guessed, she won't stay put on this bed either. I can hear her walk over to the door, try to open it, occasionally she lets out a wail or two, and then she makes her way back to her bed- or Sara's bed- whatever she is in the mood for. After she has fallen asleep, I unlock her door so she can happily come and greet me in my bed in the morning. She really is a good baby girl, just so busy!
4 comments:
Every time I think I can start leaving Ethan's door unlocked overnight, he does something (in the middle of the night) that makes me have to go back to locking it! One of these days that will have to change, for good or for bad (when he stops using a pull-up at night)... hopefully he is much more safe by then...
That pic of Olivia under her bed cracks me up-- they are cutest asleep, right?!
We put Regan in a toddler bed when she was one. She HATED her crib! We didn't have a lock on her door, so I got to scrunch up with her on her bed every night until she would fall asleep. She was the first child, what more do I need to say.
Oh the joys of the crib jumpers. I've had a few in my day. The best thing we EVER did is buy an extra tall gate that we stuck in the doorway of our boy's bedroom. Then they can see out -- we can see in -- but they can't get out. Jack tried every combo possible to open that gate but never figured it out. It was great.
I found Suzy (age 13 months) out of her crib last week, so the circle of life continues. . .much to my dismay.
Wow, I forgot all about that. Stephen started getting out at 11mths. One day I found him on the floor asleep. 11mths is really tiny. So, he was in a big boy bed fast. Brandon did it too but not till 18 mths or so...Julia never did that though, she stayed in it forever. Then we made it into a daybed. Her birthday finally found her with a new bed.
Olivia is so tiny and cute...it's so easy to forget how much trouble they cause when they sleep at night. Kids are so cute.
Post a Comment