Monday, April 7, 2008

Notes to self...

1. Don't change the laundry right after washing dishes. Fingernails can and will bend backwards (shudder).
2. Don't try discipling children in front of their dad. Dad will laugh resulting in laughter from naughty child and nothing has been accomplished but annoying me.
3. Cleaning the shower in my underwear (and a t-shirt- I was wearing a t-shirt) is a great idea until the neighbor kid walks in...
4. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can be kept from the clutches of Olivia. Nothing is safe. Must bubblewrap house.
Just in case you are wondering what I am referring to- items include vaseline, fingernail polish, lipstick, hi-liters, pencils, pens, Vicks vapo rub (this item has a toddler self-protectant thing going on- one swipe of that on her face and in her mouth and she came running to me with her tongue hanging out, panting like a dog), chapstick, gluesticks, mascara, lotion, crayons, the bathroom sink, Dave's electric toothbrush, the junk drawer (which I have now completely emptied out), bathtub, table, opening and slamming shutters, opening front door- and these are just a few of her favorites. Oh, and this is all just one day. ONE DAY. Okay, maybe two.
5. Don't assume a handle-heavy whisk will stay put in a small tupperware bowl. While moving the bowl from point A to point B, the whisk will fall out, splattering chocolate pudding all over you, the floor, the shutters, the wall, and the window.
6. Kids need to be in bed by 8:00. And yes, it's 9:30 and they are still awake.

6 comments:

JennM said...

That's it...I"M CALLING A STRIKE! A STRIKE FOR ALL WOMAN! I'd call a strike for just moms, but lets face it...men are a lot of work too. SO WOMAN IT"S STRIKE TIME!!! Now we just need to come up with a place to hide.

M&A said...

wow.... i don't really know what to say.

JennM said...

Oh remember the 'secret' well, pretend you never heard it. I guess reality set in for him and he figured it was too much for him to do in a weekend. Then he got up and said he needed to go lay down. I never knew that planning something like that would be so exhausting!!!

Angie Monson said...

love your notes to self. so funny and true.

angie

Katie said...

haha..Natalie - you are a trooper! Sounds like Olivia really likes to keep things interesting around the house. At this point, she could have her own blog documenting all this mischief!

Sue said...

I'm glad you get all of the craziness written down. I love reading your blog, you're so funny.