I love to paint, not portraits, but walls! I guess it's not so much that I love to paint, I just love the finished project. I roped Dave into helping me with another room- the half bath. This is our "warm up" before we dive into doing the kid's rooms. He really doesn't mind so much because he loves to buy tools. What man doesn't love an excuse to buy another tool? Now the actual work is another story...eh hem. I love you honey :) We put up a wainscotting- he cut all the boards and nailed them up while I did all the finish puttying, painting, caulking, etc... Anyway, here's a few pictures. I think it turned out great! Now I just have to accessorize it- I"ll post more pics when I get that far.





7 comments:
Love the evolution pics of the half bath. I've only got one word: wow.
hey katie, glad to see you are still looking- it was a fun project- the kid's rooms will be even funner!
That looks great Natalie! I love the frame around the mirror! Was that hard?
The frame around the mirror was super easy- we cut the individual pieces and glued each one separately on the mirror. The hardest part was finding something to brace the piece of wood until it dried. You have to caulk around the whole thing too so it was nice to have it white because I just used white caulk. The caulking helps hide all the imperfections. I think a stained frame would be a bit harder but I'm not an expert on that. I do love the frame though and I think it would be nice to do it on all my mirrors.
Of course I'm still looking. Oh and I've been evesdropping (correct spelling?) on russ's blog too thanks to the link on your blog. Hey russ! I love to read the updates of the Monson Tribe blog style.
That looks SOO good! I love all of it!
My house is next. . .come on up! This looks so awesome. I love it! You make it sound so easy, but really you are just amazing. I suck. Wish you were still Natalie-next-door, saving me from all my woes.
Post a Comment