Sunday, August 9, 2009

the inevitable has happened...



We were headed out the door last night. While making my rounds herding kids to the car and locking up, I walked past the office. I had to do a double take because there upon the floor was this:



Hmm... At our house, there is only one head of hair that matches that color and length.



Big surprise, right?

Dave has a bad bad bad habit of not putting things away- scissors included. Grrrr...

15 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh man, hope you know a good hair stylist! Looks like the short hair-do is coming up!

Clinton and Michelle said...

That stinks. Can't wait to see the after cut.

JennM said...

Good thing fall is coming, they make some REALLY cute hats!! =)

Marcy Stott said...

Oh no!! Ellie did that whe she was around the same age - although I think yours did a bit more damage - Good Luck!

Pace's said...

That is terrible. I was actually just thinking at the camp out that her hair was getting so cute! Good luck with that. I do have to say, I'm not surprised. Little mischievious.

Aaron and Krysti said...

Uhm, what are you going to do about that? She is so funny. Good thing that hair grows back.

fern said...

you had her hair so cute monday- I didn't even notice! yea for pigtails!! tons of fun by the way- thanks

Jennilyn Proulx said...

I was wondering when you were going to blog about something like this! It's part of being a kid and I have not witnessed this in your family yet! So congratulations!

Katie said...

Yikes!! My spouse often leaves things like scissors and sharpies just lying around whithin reach of small people. Atleast it will grow back (eventually!!) right?

Heather said...

Guys just don't think about stuff like that. DERRR. Its a good thing you got those super cute pictures taken before the haircut ;)Would love to see her after pic.

Raylene said...

Emma did the same thing, but she cut off so much more. I feel your frustration! At least she isn't just starting school this year. She will grow it all back by the time she starts Kindergarten:)

Tres Chic Boutique said...

OKAY! So maybe two days after I commented your post, Jody borrowed my scissors and left them out. Nice. I was lucky enough to catch the little sneak before she cut very much off, but Syd has short hair now too. KIDS!
Heather G

Shannon said...

Alex did that to Jacquelyn. I was traumatize for a while but loved the cut after the fact. Can't wait to see what the new cut looks like...

Angie Monson said...

oh she is such a special one isn't she? Love the new photos of your kiddos adorable!

Sue said...

I'm sure it's grown out by now and just as gorgeous as it was. Or are you doing some strategic barretting?