Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sara's Winter Revue



Yesterday was Sara's Winter Revue dance performance. All the girls in her dance were in the 3-4 age range so it was pandemonium on stage but cute none the less. They danced to a rendition of the Tikki Room. My heart was going to burst with pride just watching her little body prance around the stage. She did a fantastic job. Go Sara!

Here she is with her little friend and nemesis, Mary. They try to be friends but it seems all the planets have to be aligned for them to actually get along for more than 5 minutes. It has happened. To be 4 again...


All day she was begging to get dressed in her costume. She hated hated hated getting her hair curled. She had a couple melt downs claiming that I burned her. Nothing happened. She's just super paranoid and scared of the iron because she can feel the heat.

She was all about the make up, making sure I knew that she had to have mascara on.

I think the red lipstick is hilarious. I currently don't own any lipstick. The kids got into my lipstick a while back and colored all over my cupboards, carpet, tile, and their clothes. That pretty much sent all lipstick on a hiatus to the junk yard, never to return. I have yet to purchase any new lipstick. One day I will revisit lipstick, just not until I'm sure Livvy won't destroy my house with it. Anyway, my friend Krysti had some red lipstick and we put it on the girls- her husband had it stashed in the glove box of his car from when he dressed up as his mom for Halloween. Lovely.

4 comments:

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Oh my gosh- she is sooo cute- love the costume- wish we could have seen her awesome performance!

Betsy said...

She is a-DOR-able! Such a cutie. Those costumes are so cute!!

Jessica said...

She is so darn cute! I love the cute costume too!

Jennie said...

Your kids are so cute! I enjoy reading about your family, it reminds me of what my life was like a few years ago. (Now if the biggest problem would be my child drawing all over everything, life would be good! Instead of teenage issues.) Hey, just a suggestion, next time you need to curl Sara's hair, have her sleep in foam curlers. Nicole used to like to wear them, even though her hair was naturally curly.