
I know hearing me drone on about my pregnancy is by far the highlight of your day. And so, once again, I have some things to say.
- It is no longer amusing to "squeeze by" anyone or anything. I don't fit. Period.
- Underestimating the size of my belly has indeed become a problem. For instance, it gets a little embarrassing to accidentally greet people with my belly before I greet them with words from my mouth. This is also a problem in bathroom stalls, where, if you haven't figured out by now, I spend a lot of my time. If I don't go into a handicap stall, I will inevitably hit myself with the door. It was funny the first time but not so much the 110th time.
- I am HOT HOT HOT all the time time time. This does not work well for sleeping. I did notice last night that at about 4:30 a.m. the house starts to cool down and I can actually fall asleep. And when Livvy comes bounding into my room at 6:30, ready to go for the day, I have to remind myself that this whole pregnancy thing was my idea, and a good (if not GREAT) idea, at that.
- I would like to blame the fact that I washed my cell phone in the washing machine on pregnancy brain. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I feel much better.
- My hands and feet are swollen. They don't look so bad but they hurt. All the time. When I tell people I am swollen they really just laugh me off and don't give my sausage fingers and toes the credit they deserve. I can't help it that I was born with scrawny appendages! However, my sister-in-law Amy was kind enough to point out that yes, my feet are swollen. Thanks already! It's nice to be validated about something that I am complaining about. My word. And because of the swelling factor, my arms and hands fall asleep all night long. The other night I was up every hour shaking out the pins and needles.
- Most nights I get ready for bed, go the bathroom, and hop in bed. Right after I hop in bed I have to go to the bathroom. So I get out, do my thing, get back in bed, and wham! Back to the bathroom. This is no joke. And it goes on for like 45 minutes. So I sit up and watch T.V. or read and Dave just loves it... Really. I'm sure he secretly wants to hate me. But he can't. Because I am barefoot and pregnant and it's his fault.
- Livvy has found a new hiding place under Sara's bed after she takes off her diaper and pees or poops on the floor, couch, or my bed. She isn't very discretionary. Having her hide under the bed is a BIG problem for me because I can't exactly reach her! Just give me a few days and she'll be quite surprised all the places mommy can actually fit. Game over little stinker!
- My neighbors (two separate ones at separate times) walked by the other night while I was vacuuming out the car and informed me that I was nesting. Nesting? Heck no! This is stuff that has to be done! Okay, so maybe they are right...
- In other news, I really will miss the relationship I have had with the baby while he is growing in my belly. It's a special thing that only a mama can experience and I love it!
So ya think I'm about ready to be done? Yep. Ready. Well, except for some painting that needs to be done in my bedroom. Working on it... And as much as I love to complain- it's not my doctor that says I can't have the baby, it's me. He would have induced me days ago but it just doesn't fit into my schedule. Ha! Too many things going on. I think he thinks I am crazy. And I probably am.
The front view really is more forgiving of my size and so I must share.

11 comments:
i love that you love being pregnant! -the good times far out way the crappy ones!! good luck this upcoming week!! happy baby!
You look ADORABLE!! I bought a shirt just like that only it was green from MIMI maternity..it was my fave. You look adorable Nat, even with your "no nonsence" facial expression. I remember I could never sleep cause I had RS something...where my legs would go insane...I always ended up waking up at 1am and going in a warm bath. The joys...how ironic. YOU NEED your sleep cause a babies coming, BUT because the babies coming your body won't allow you to sleep peacefully. The joy. Oh well, he's be amazing, time will fly and you cry just thinking about it. =) Can you tell I'm sad. Today Justin began to crawl and I bursted into tears thinking how unfair it is that he's growing up.
"he's be amazing". =) It's midwestern, just like "You want good eats?" LOL Sorry, it was a mistype. I mean "HE"LL BE AMAZING".
Well, it will all be over soon. I had my 36 week appointment this morning. Nothing happening...BIG surprise. I can't wait to hear good news from you though. I talked to Kristen Kleinman this mornng. She is expecting #8 in January. Thought you would like to know.
Hey, you look great!! I am realizing that you posted this *two days* ago and so he may already be here! I am so excited to hear and see pictures of the newest little Jackson. I've already been shopping! :) Good luck!!
Good luck! You are such a cute mom. What a lucky baby. I agree with you about enjoying the bond you have with the baby during pregnancy. It is so cool!
I like being pregnant, too. All but a few things, but I guess it is like the whole first year after-- love it, glad when its over. Of course, the way things are going with Livvy, you probably wish she were 4 months old and confined to her little space, or 5 so she would be completely potty trained! I can't wait to see your new baby :)
Enjoy the new addition to your family. If you need help, we are always around!
Natalie you really do look great. You are so cute. I know how it is .... you probably don't feel too cute but just big because of your growth in front of you, but you really do look good. I think it is funny that you have pushed off the induction because it doesn't fit in your schedule. I would probably do it too.
good luck with your delivery! maybe you won't have to be induced :).
You look gorgeous. I'm so impressed that you have pictures of you pregnant. I never let those be taken willingly, so the only pictures I have are the ones that friends snapped without my knowledge. So inevitably the baby bump along with the enormous "sisters" right above the bump all merged together in one giant conglomeration while sitting and I just look like a cow.
Good luck. You know it's happening this week. Let them keep the baby in the nursery so you can get at least one decent night sleep before you go home...
How is it that you still look amazing at 39 weeks pregnant!!!
Anxiously awaiting the fun news!
Becky
Post a Comment