Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Class Clown

I guess I never really thought this day would come- Taylor's last day of preschool! Get out of town. It's killin' me. He's all done. And he's going to kindergarten. Wowza! I still remember standing in his bedroom right before he was born and looking at all the little sleepers hanging in his closet. I remember pulling out a 3-6 month outfit and not being able to imagine my baby "getting that big". Well, guess what? He got that big and much much bigger. I guess this makes me old. Old. Old. Old. I'm quickly approaching dentures and a lifetime supply of Ensure...

Taylor's last day of preschool is one big party called "Clown Days". All the teachers dress up like clowns and the kids can dress up in a costume of their choice. I didn't want Taylor to wear his Red Power Ranger costume because 1. He wore it last year for Clown Days and 2. He wore it on Halloween. And so, we took a little jaunt over to Party America to pick him out a little somethin'-somethin'. He was very excited with his choice. The entire time we were shopping the only thing he was concerned about was being funny and making everyone at school laugh. Always the class clown, our little Taylor.

So here is the little guy clowning around:



He looked so cute. His costume did look a little Elton John-ish, which I must admit was slightly disturbing. It must have been the glasses. Freaky. But still, he was happy and cute and so I moved on.

He was so glad to see me when I showed up at school to take pictures. He got a weight lifter rubber ducky from his teacher that he was very excited about. He even made sure to set it up on top of the Challenger sign so it could be in all the pictures with him. Only a minute or so into the car ride home he became distraught and told me he was upset that he didn't wear an actual costume (dog, power ranger, clown, etc...). I received a lecture letting me know it was all my fault. Awww crap. I guess it was. I probably should have let him wear the Red Power Ranger costume. I guess kids and moms just don't think alike.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wait until your little boy is 6 feet tall and girls are calling him hot! Then you will feel really old!!!It is hard to yell at Brycen when I have to stand on my tiptoes to make eye contact!
Becky

JennM said...

Just remember to bring tissues to K. The moment he sits in the big boy desk...The tears flow. Even if you try as hard as you can to prevent them. Then...you celebrate, cause you realize you have some time to get things a little bit done!! =)