- Every time we get in the car, her carseat it too tight. She screams "too tight!!" at the top of her lungs for a good 10 minutes or more. Don't be confused though, she can climb out of the dang thing with it buckled half the time, that's how tight it is...
- When I give her a sippy cup of milk, she has a cow because the sippy cup is too cold. She throws it, freaks out, wails, carries on...all because her sippy cup is too cold.
- I pick out the wrong outfit- weeping and wailing...
- I try to get her dressed, she freaks, but will throw the occasional curve ball and freak out if I DON'T dress her.
- If I'm doing her hair and it's not like she wants it...
- She expects me to be her errand girl and when I refuse...watch out! (sippy cup is an arm's length away from her and she screams at me for a half an hour to come and give it to her...grrr....)
- When she is sitting on the toilet she will either want the bathroom door open or closed- it's anybody's guess which way she will want it when but if you get it wrong- freak out! And you have to realize that she spends half the day on the toilet. Her bladder is the size of a grain of sand.
- wrong underwear- and no, you can never get it right. The underwear she loved the day before will be the hated underwear the next day. You can't win!
- wrong size plate at dinner, wrong cup, bowl or utensils.
- The song that is on in the car is never the one she wants.
- wrong shoes- don't get me started!
- wrong towel, wrong pillowcase, wrong blankie...
- too "big" or too "little" amounts of food.
I know I'm forgetting a few...
5 comments:
UH HUH!! I finally figured it out...all this time Ry keeps telling me "JULIA GET"S IT FROM YOU." Can't say that anymore...the common denominator in this situation is YOU and HIM so...it's obviously a MONSON gene. You guys really ought to figure out a way to produce happy girls...not crazy ones. I'm just relieved it's not from my side of the family. I can honestly say that Julia is almost 4 and she does EVERYTHING you listed. Happy next year!! Goodluck.
Oh, I forgot one big one. WHEN she tells me she loves me, and I don't respond IMMEDIATLY with "I love you too." Watch out baby, she starts screaming and crying. Supposedly she told me she loved at the doctors today and I didn't hear and so she let everyone know about it. Finally, I said "Jules, what is wrong?" "I said I Love you mommy." That makes you want to respond pronto. =/ Crazy, crazy..
Remember when Kate wouldn't wear clothes in the car because they "hurt"? All of the reasons you listed and more were why I was crazy all those years in the Cleveland commune. And now the fun is beginning, but with the boys. I feel your pain, man. Love it.
Tantrums, and while on the subject of bizarre behavior: mischief! Who knew!? What a relief to know I'm not the only one going through the insanity. It all starts with guessing what Jordan does/doesn't want for breakfast in the morning. She is creeping up on 4 in October and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm sad to say, atleast in our household, there are no guarantees for age 3.
It is a (sad) relief to hear that I am not the only person having issues with their kids! Ethan's ears are mere decoration and he likes to poo in his undies... oh and he has to pick out the undies too. What fun. It is a wonder we stay up all night (because it is so nice to be ALONE)! LOL.
Post a Comment