I know. I disappeared. I am going to try really, really hard to be back, to be present. Ha!
For our 'Welcome Back' installment of the blog, I offer you my newborn, baby Will. (For those of you hyperventilating because you think I have reproduced yet again, this is merely what I call my youngest child because there is no one younger than him. I did not, in fact, give birth to a sixth child).
Anyhoodle, I think he may have caught wind of Olivia's toddler years and realized he hasn't been doing enough to enrich the lunacy going on in my life. He has been working hard these days to try and catch up with Liv. However, I'm not sure it is humanly possible to rival that child and her antics.
Back to Will...
Today, for instance, I was cleaning up around the kitchen and thought to myself, "It's awfully quiet."
I know this is not news to any of you that have a few kids yourself, but I get easily distracted. Therefore, the "it's awfully quiet" thought left my mind about as quickly as it came.
Moments later I hear a wail coming from Will. I run up the stairs and there he sits on the top step rubbing his eyes like crazy. And screaming like crazy. Like a crazy lunatic.
Turns out the girls left the shampoo down last time they washed their hair and Will found it. His arms and head were covered in shampoo. At some point he must have gone to rub his eye and that's when the madness began. The more he rubbed his ouchy eyes, the more shampoo he got in them. He was creating quite the froth with all his eye rubbing.
I had to get rid of all the shampoo with water and a wash cloth (which takes FOREVER) and then flush his eyes out with water. He was not a happy camper, not happy at all. There was a lot of screaming. Even after I had flushed his eyes and wrapped him in a towel, he was still screaming. Mad as a little hornet. So anyway, here is the little dude after his shampoo encounter. His right eye was the worst and is quite red.
He is a sweet little guy.
And you should all take note that although I thought about it, I did not grab my camera and take a picture mid-crisis. My inner voice told me, "Good moms don't take pictures of babies who have soap in their eyes. They wait until it's gone." True story.
1 comment:
Hooray, you are back! :)
Post a Comment